Pet Memorials.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Pet Memorials.

Post by bobbys girl »

Not sure whether this should be here or in Bereavement section, but here goes.

I was in a local garden centre today and saw that they had a new selection of memorial stones. We have a couple for our dogs and Sparky cat.

I know that some folks would like something to remember their lost little ones and mark their graves. So I took a note of the contact details. It turns out they do not sell direct, but do supply gift shops and garden centres in UK as well as Ireland. This is the site http://www.kayberryireland.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the one we got for Katie dog.
rsz_027.jpg
(223.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Pet Memorials.

Post by Crewella »

They're lovely. "I came, I purred, I conquered" would have been perfect for Peaches final resting place - that phrase exactly describes the way she operated. Thanks for posting, it made me smile.

I'll look for UK stockists. :)
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I like these real personalised engraved stones. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engraved-Pet- ... 4ae3e0a132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are other personalised ones on eBay, from about £12, but some are quite tacky.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

I marked the graves of two of my cats, who were buried in the garden, with specially engraved slate slabs, but in future I will plant trees or large shrubs instead to mark the place, as the slabs have been smothered by plants anyway

I think choosing a grave depends on how you see the future - you want anyone who owns/rents your house after you to know where graves are, but could you walk away and leave a memorial stone in place?

Trigger is buried in a space in the enclosed patio, under a big pot planted up with Russian sage and Russian snowdrops, as he was a Russian Blue, and I think it likely anyone coming after me would fill the space in with another paving stone rather than digging

it seems macabre to think about such things, but I have found that it offers a distraction and a small measure of comfort to make such plans when you are grieving
Fran_ki
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Fran_ki »

Awww aren't they gorgeous ! What lovely stones. Will definitely think about buying one of those xxx