Vibes for Buster please

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Vibes for Buster please

Post by booktigger »

Noticed a couple of hours ago that Buster had a scab on his left shoulder, about half an hour ago noticed it was a bit wet and gunky, the only thing he'd done was play. We've tried cleaning it but he's not obliging. It doesn't look like a normal wound tho. Ironically he has been quiet for a couple of weeks since a fight but has been back to his normal self this past day or so. My vets have three surgeries open at different times on a sat so hopefully they will be able to fit me in
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Vibes for Buster please

Post by Camdengirl »

Vibes heading your way, fingers crossed it's nothing nasty.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

Hopefully you can get an appointment tomorrow and it isn't anything too nasty. Not ideal, but hopefully a minor infection.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Perhaps an abcess from the fight? That would explain him being quiet. Now it's burst and with some AB's he should be fine. Poor lad. Sending vibes your way.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

bobbys girl wrote:Perhaps an abcess from the fight? That would explain him being quiet. Now it's burst and with some AB's he should be fine. Poor lad. Sending vibes your way.
I considered that, but there is no smell

I managed to get the last appointment so we are there at 1.50
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

My first thought was abcess too. Paws crossed for the appointment - give the wounded soldier a fuss from me. xx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

We unfortunately had to spend over an hour in the vet due to emergencies. Vets first thought was an abscess, but once cleaned, it didn't look or smell like one, and only a slight amount of pus. Also, the fight was 3 weeks ago tomorrow so that doesn't fit either. Her other suggestion was a growth that he caught. She's given him an injection, given me Synulox and put a sleeve on him so he doesn't do anything to it. He was supposed to be having his bloods on tue, so we've rearranged that for thu and check it again.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

could it have been a fluid-filled cyst? Trigger used to get loads of them, and a couple burst spontaneously, leaving a slightly sticky but odourless damp patch on his fur

both came back within a year or two
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Kay wrote:could it have been a fluid-filled cyst? Trigger used to get loads of them, and a couple burst spontaneously, leaving a slightly sticky but odourless damp patch on his fur

both came back within a year or two
Maybe. Whatever it is, it has left a hole in his skin which isn't as big as the wound, if that makes sense? It keeps drying up too. I'll see if I can get a pic
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

Alice used to have a cyst on her chin. I had a supply of fine needles from the vet. Once in a while I would pop it and massage the fluid out.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Buster's leg is looking much better, although he does keep getting his leg out of the sleeve!! Took one of the fosters to the vets yesterday, and his normal vet was asking what he'd done - she agreed that time wise it was unlikely to be an abscess, and when I showed her a pic, she said it looked like he had caught it - on what, I don't know, as the first I saw was when it looked dry and scabby!! She thinks it will heal fine, and it does look much better. He is funny with it on, he's pretending he can't do normal things, so he's had his meals in different places so he'll eat!!
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Haha they do know how to milk it don't they?! Hector has had his dinner in a variety of locations around the house since he's been unwell and now doesn't seem to be able to eat anything without me sitting right next to him, whispering words of encouragement... Having said that I'd do anything to make sure he eats!

Hope his leg continues to heal well.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Buster got a good report this morning, wound healing nicely, so doesn't need to wear his sleeve anymore, or stay in. Either the SEB or the anti-biotics have helped his mouth ulcers, even if I haven't been the best at giving them to him so he's having the last two days worth. Just waiting for the results now.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

That's all good news. Fusses to the little fella. :D
Fran_ki
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Fran_ki »

Great news. Glad he's on the mend.
Sandpaper kisses from Mac and Brodie xx
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

So pleased he's feeling better Desley.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I bet he's so pleased to be free of the sleeve! So glad he's feeling better, and all paws here crossed for him. xx