Really missing him right now

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
lily71
Frequent Cat Chatter

Really missing him right now

Post by lily71 »

:(
I'm ok one minute and then the next....
I'm in bed and missing him jumping on the bed for cuddles.
It's only been just over a week, but already i'm struggling to remember the last cuddle and the last memory of him being here so alive and present. I know it's just panic and I'm having a low moment, but i feel so sad :(
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Really missing him right now

Post by JulieandBarney »

I know how much it hurts and what you are feeling is completely normal....I cried like a baby for a long time, my thought filled with "This time last week.."..."This time last month..." ...

My boy 'CC' used to wait for me every day at the top of the drive just before I finished work, I would come home to see him sitting there, his tail would fly into the air as I stepped out of the car and he would come running towards me, purring and meowing loudly, those first few weeks coming home from work tore me apart to find he wasn't sitting waiting for me, I can honestly say that the pain was a physical pain, it so hurt me, I could explain to no one......

So I understand completely, all I can say is 'give it time...' it sounds like a cliche but it is true......xx
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

Writing about it helps
Jill
lily71
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by lily71 »

Again.....thank you all so much. As I've said before, this forum and you lovely people are really helping. Sometimes I feel as if I sound like a stuck record! Lol! xx
tilly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by tilly »

lily71 wrote: Sometimes I feel as if I sound like a stuck record! Lol! xx
I feel like a stuck record too, i dont see a way out of the pain. It was windy last night so the cat flap was banging, i just kept thinking he was coming home. I get how you feel and im so sorry.
Topcat10
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Topcat10 »

You're not a (stuck record) You're suffering bereavement in the 1st degree!!!!
As I've said before, as with all cat chatters.....we feel and share your pain. Most of us have suffered the loss of our beautiful little friends, and those special memories of our happy and contented true companions which we will never forget.
Your pain will ease as the days pass, but if like me you will never forget.
RIP little one.
TCs Dad.x