advise needed stray cat in bad way

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
fionachichi
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

advise needed stray cat in bad way

Post by fionachichi »

Hi, a brown fluffy tabby cat has been visiting my garden for a few weeks and its just in the last couple of days I've managed to see it properly and it has badly matted fur hanging off in clumps, poor thing. I've asked around and it doesn't seem to be from the area and a couple of other cat owners are concerned about it. I contacted the SSPCA and Cat Protection and Cat Protection are going to lend me a trap and then I can get the SSPCA to come out and check it over. Cat Protection said it could be a bad flea allergy or it may have been deliberately done to the cat, if its a flea allergy will they still take it away for treatment or do they only do this for injured cats? any help or advice appreciated thanks.
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: advise needed stray cat in bad way

Post by Camdengirl »

I don't know, but I would hope they would treat the cat whatever the cause, a flea allergy can be horribly unpleasant for a cat. Well done for helping this little one, I hope he/she can be captured and restored to full health.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

I hope you can catch this puss soon. If it is a medical problem, hopefully the SSPCA will treat it. Even if it's just matts, when they get really bad it's miserable for the cat as they can't groom properly and the fur starts pulling on their skin. Either way, the SSPCA will probably deal with it.
fionachichi
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by fionachichi »

Thanks for replies, I'm just waiting on Cat Protection bringing the trap for me, thought it would be last night, will call again today.