My poor Lilypuss

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

My poor Lilypuss

Post by lilynmitz »

I'm sad to say I don't think my Lilypuss will still be with us tomorrow. Her legs have been wobbly for a while, but they seem much worse this evening, and I think she's finally slipping away from us. She's been through such a lot over the years, but if think she's finally had enough. I'll see how she is in the morning, but to be honest I suspect she may slip away in her sleep. And if she does, I know it will be peaceful. She's been eating and drinking, so I know she doesn't feel ill and isn't suffering, her little body's just run its course. There's still a little hope I guess, but in my heart I know, and I think she knows, her time is drawing near. :-( :-( :-(
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My poor Lilypuss

Post by JulieandBarney »

I am so sad to read this....you did everything you could, bless you..I am too sitting up at this time with Barney, fully prepared to go to the emergency vet and due in work at 7.30 in the morning.....I so understand, I never want to go through this again........x
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Thanks Julie, I heard a noise just now so went down to find she's been violently sick, everything she's eaten and drunk this evening, and has crawled back into her bed. :-(
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by cathyday »

So sorry to hear this Anna. How are things this morning? We're all thinking of you....
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm sorry to hear this, but she has had such a fantastic life with you
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Oh Anna...I so feel for you today, but what a lovely life Lily has had with you....please let us know how she is when you get chance...thinking of you...xx
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

It's snowing outside. I'm waiting for the surgery to open to ask the vet to come out to us. Pete said his goodbyes to her this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night. About 1am I heard a noise downstairs and found she'd thrown up her entire stomach contents. I cleaned up and tucked her back into bed, where she stayed, worn out.

When I came down I found her climbing into her litter box, where she simply lay down. I lifted her out and put her in her bed. Tbh I'm surprised she made it through the night, but that's our Lily for you. She had a tiny bit to eat, and a few sips of water, just to make her feel comfortable. She's warm and half awake, but not really engaging with the world, although I did just catch her watching the huge snowflakes falling outside. Oh my darling little puss...
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

I am welling up just reading this Anna, my heart cries out to you, it really does, I know words just don't seem enough to convey how I feel for you right now, but what a tribute and act of kindness you are doing for Lily today....they take a piece of our heart each time...x
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

So sorry Anna, thinking of you today x
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Thinking of you today Anna, I am so very sorry :cry: . It's never easy but it's the kindest thing we can do for our furry friends.

((hug)) to you and a gentle fuss and cuddle for your gorgeous Lily x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Anna, Julie said,
JulieandBarney wrote:I am welling up just reading this Anna, my heart cries out to you, it really does, I know words just don't seem enough to convey how I feel for you right now, but what a tribute and act of kindness you are doing for Lily today....they take a piece of our heart each time...x
I can put it no better.

Love to you and Pete.xx
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Bless her, she's just struggled out of her bed to use her tray, and while she was squatting her legs just gave out underneath her and she couldn't get back up. I've lifted her back into her bed, she's tucked up safe and warm. Just a few days ago we were commenting on how well she's rallied lately, although it has been a long slow decline for the last few months, but she's gone downhill so fast in the last 24 hours. The vet's just rung, they'll be here about noon.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

She has been such a fighter Anna, I know I speak for us all when I say that our love and thoughts will be with you every step of the way at Noon today, God bless Lily....xx
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Oh Anna. I have just caught up with this.

I am so very sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Val x
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by cathyday »

I'm so very sorry and sad to read your latest posts Anna. Sending our best wishes to yourself, Pete and of course to Lily.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Anna I'm so very sorry to hear this. We're all with you and sharing your tears. Be brave one last time for Lily. Thinking of you both.

Carol Xx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Anna, I'm so terribly sorry. I've just caught up with this too. Poor darling Lily. Give her a kiss from me and I'm sending hugs to you. Xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

So sorry, Anna - thinking of you both. xx
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

She's gone. Her last day and night were such a heartbreaking struggle for her, it was awful to watch, but I know she only felt that bad for less than 24 hours, which is a small comfort. This tough little cat, true to form, and despite being almost too weak to stand, still found the reserves to resist the end, so we had to sedate her, but she was very peaceful at the end, and she died on my lap, with me stroking her and talking to her. Nick said it was her heart that caused her collapses, due to her years of hyperthyroidism. Oh my poor little lass, my funny little puss, we shall miss you so, darling little Lily. Thank you for letting us share your life with you. Mummy and Daddy Pete xxxxx
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

(((((Anna)))))

I have been praying all morning that the vet could pull something out of the bag for your girl.

I am so very sorry.

What a truly awful day.

RIP little Lily xxx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Very very sorry to hear - no matter how many times it happens, it's always terrible to let them go, even though you know you're doing the right thing. I'm repeating myself here but it's a fact, they're lent to us for such a short time, and they give us so much love, and honour us with their presence.

Sleep tight little Lily x
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Anna...you and Lilly have been in my thoughts all day....little Lilly is at peace now and running freely, I said a silent prayer for my lovely boy 'CC' to be waiting for her at the Bridge, what a kind, dignified end you gave her, Rest in Peace little one and know you were loved so much......God bless...join all our other loved ones waiting to play .....thinking of you and Pete....xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

((((hugs))))

I'm so very sorry, she sounds a little trooper right to the end, as you knew she would be. Nobody could have done more for her, I hope you can take some comfort in that.

Rest in peace lovely Lily. xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Oh Anna. I'm so sorry. Sharing tears with you now. You did all you could for your little girl. She would have taken comfort from being on your lap one last time. Sending you a massive hug. Sleep well much loved Lily Xxx
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

RIP little Lily puss, hugs to you Anna xx
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by cathyday »

I've been thinking about you all day too Anna. Lily is free from old age now and I've no doubt already causing mayhem at The Bridge with all who have gone before her.

Sending all our best wishes to you and Pete.

RIP Lily.

Cathy, Glen, Boris and H xxxxxx
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Thank you all, so much. Your support means such a lot to me. I feel it's the end of an era, but I can now remember them as they were, together, happy and well and content, but leaving a huge whole in our household, and in our hearts.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

As much as it's the kindest thing we can do for our furry friends; giving them that dignified and peaceful passing is the hardest thing ever for us humans

Thinking of you and Pete.

RIP sweet little girl; sleep tight and sweet dreams. Together with Mitz again xxx
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

So sorry Anna,
God bless Lily xx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Dear Anna, there is nothing we can say to take away the sadness, but please know that we share it with you and we have been crying with you today. Your little girl was loved so much and you couldn't have been a more wonderful mummy to her. I know things will seem very dark today, but you are supported by all us crazy, loving cat people, and we understand. RIP darling little girl. Lily reminds me so much of my Lou Lou. I hope that funny little tabby girl will have the long life of love and contentment that yours has known. xx