Advice needed

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Leaney
Returning Cat Chatter

Advice needed

Post by Leaney »

Hi and good morning

Firstly im sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, im new.

Just after Christmas I found a stray cat, my nan took her (I think she is a she) whilst I put some found posters around and asked around to find her owner. To date no one has come forward, my nan has now been put into a care home and can not take her with her, and I have a dog snd the 2 of them are not getting along.
I need ti rehome her but want to know she'll go somewhere nice, I have called a few cat homes and pdsa and rspca but they are all full and cannot take her

can anyone help me where to go next or what else to try?

thanks very much

Samantha
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Advice needed

Post by Janey »

Hi, it's very kind of you to care for this cat, did you take her to the vet to check for a microchip?
Leaney
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Leaney »

Hiya,

yeah I did when we found her, but there was no chip and she had no collar ir anything to id her, we thought shebwoukd just wonder back home but she stayed ay my nans bless her. Im just at a loss what else to try now
Leaney
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Leaney »

Sorry I should have said im from essex, romford
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Hi,

I know it's a little further out but try giving Battersea Cats and dogs home a ring -they are usually great at rehoming cats. As are the mayhew animal home. I love the RSPCA but they put a large proportion of cats to sleep. Celia Hammond are also really fab. I'm in London (near Liverpool St) but if you get really stuck I could always meet you half way somewhere.

Have you any other family members that could take her? Is she with you at the current time?

Becks

Battersea, London
4 Battersea Park Road
London
SW8 4AA

Tel: 0843 509 4444

Give the above a ring tomorrow. You want to be sure she goes to a lovely new home...
Leaney
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Leaney »

Hiya,

I tried Battersea but thry currently have a outbreak of sickness so not taking on at the moment, but I am on their waiting list.

At the moment she is at my nans house still, I go everyday to check on her, I only have a couple if weeks until my nans house gets taken back by the council after her settling in period is up in the care home. We can't take her on as my husbands allergic (that's why we had a dog not cat)

everywhere I have tried is full :-( think I just need to keep trying xx
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Bless. Give Celia Hammond a ring too. 2 weeks will whizz by. Also, my boyfriend was allergic to my cats, but when we moved in together, he deemed to develop immunity and is now fine. He doesn't have asthma or anything but would be sneezy and bunged up. Just in case kitty ends up having to stay a while longer...

Has anyone else got any ideas? I know the Mayhew is good. There is also cat and kitten rescue in Chingford. I live in Walthamstow and they have a good reputation.

The council move quick, don't they! Good luck with your Nan x
Leaney
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Leaney »

Hiya

Battersea took her in so I feel better now knowing she'll go to a good home.
That place is like fort knox! Theres more security then my daughter's school lol

Thanks for all your help x
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Hi!

Did they! Brilliant. Am so pleased. I know-the security is tough. Will they let you know when she has found a home? Keep the serial number if you can and give them a ring for an update-I would be interested to know she has been rehomed. Good news for your Nan too knowing you have managed to sort the situation...xx