Vibes For Hector

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Vibes For Hector

Post by booktigger »

Hope you've had a good weekend with him, I've been thinking of you both x
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Hi. Just to say you've been in our thoughts. I hope you have had a weekend full of huggles xx
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Same here...hope you had a restful weekend, its been tough for you...x
Meandmymunki
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Meandmymunki »

Oh poor hector I'm so sorry, have only just caught up with this as it's been crazy here it. gutted for you that after all the ups and downs it's turned out to be really bad, sending hugs x
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Thank you for your thoughts, we've had a roller coaster of a weekend of ups and downs with a lot of tears. I've decided against surgery and am going to treat Hector with palliative care, I cannot put him through such a risky procedure and I have to trust I'll know when he's had enough.

What is obvious is that he's not coping at night so I'm waiting for the vet to call to see if I can tweak his meds to get that sorted. I don't think it will be long though, he's very shaky on his feet and if I can't get him more comfortable it won't be fair to let him continue like that.

One saving grace (in a strange way) is that I was made redundant in February so at least I'm at home with him.
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by cathyday »

I'm so sorry to hear that Hector has a tumour. Thinking of you and sending our best wishes at this horrid time for you. I hope they can sort his meds out and make him more comfortable.
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Hi Julia

I have also been thinking about you and Hector all weekend.

I think you are making absolutely the right decision for him.

Let's hope that he can be kept comfortable for a reasonable amount of quality time. It's nice that you are around for him.

Fusses to him from me

Val xx
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Julia

I would do exactly the same thing, in fact I did just over a year ago....just a little time left with him versus putting him through painful surgery and stressful vets visits, which in all likelihoods would gain him very little time in any case....and you can be at home with him...you will know the right time.....love to you and Hector.xx
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

JulieandBarney wrote:Julia

I would do exactly the same thing, in fact I did just over a year ago....just a little time left with him versus putting him through painful surgery and stressful vets visits, which in all likelihoods would gain him very little time in any case....and you can be at home with him...you will know the right time.....love to you and Hector.xx
yup, 100% agree

((hug)) to you and a gentle head rub for your boy
honeychild
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by honeychild »

So sorry to hear about hector.. one of my beautiful rotties Mina had a brain tumour last year then we lost her sister Sophie to cancer of the femur within weeks..their favourite tabby cat angel still misses her big pink tongue washing his face after mealtimes. Gentle hugs and kisses to your boy x
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I think you are making the right decision, and hope that his meds can be tweaked to give him some quality time. At least you are home with him
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

You know your boy best Julia, whatever you have decided will be with his best interests at heart x
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Love and thoughts to you and your boy, Julia. XX
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

I'm certain you've made the right decision Julia, however heartbreaking that is. I do hope the vet can make Hector more comfortable. Cherish this time with him, it's very precious. Hugs to both of you.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Hector passed away peacefully in my arms at the vets this afternoon. He seemed to have aged 10 years over the last couple of days and looking in his eyes this morning I knew he'd had enough.

Upsetting as it was, seeing him laying on his blanket finally free of tumours, runny noses, runny eyes, sneezes, wobbles and dizziness I knew I'd made the right decision and finally felt at peace with myself.

I'll miss his gentle presence so much. Sweet dreams my sooty angel, until we meet again x
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

Oh no Julia - I am so sorry to hear this.

Take comfort in knowing that you have done everything for your boy, and he is free of illness now.

RIP Hector - run free and well at the bridge xxxx
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Oh Julia, I am so very sorry :( . Sleep easy gorgeous boy xxx
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

I am so very sorry, but I'm glad he hung on long enough for you to get that final diagnosis - it will help with the process of reconciliation to his loss

god speed Hector - you were much loved, and will be much missed
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

So so sorry Julia, but you gave Hector a dignified peaceful passing, in the arms of someone who loved him very much, how wonderful is that.....night night Hector, all our loved ones will be waiting at the bridge to meet you...no more runny noses...only peace and happiness, run free again...you will be missed by all those who loved you........xxx
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

So sorry Julia.

God Bless Hector, little fella xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Oh Julia, I'm so sorry. What a peaceful end to a fabulous life with you. Sleep well much loved Hector Xxx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I'm so sorry to hear that Julia, but thanks to you he had a fantastic life, and allowed to go peacefully when things got too much for him. RIP little one x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So sorry to hear the news Julia.

RIP dear boy. Play happily at the Bridge, 'til we meet again. xx

Many ((Hugs)) to you Julia.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Sorry Julia, I know how tough it is, but you did it for him.

I could have been reading my own words about ageing in the last days and finally looking relaxed at the end.

Thinking of you xxx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Dear Julia, I am so sorry your boy reached the end, but glad for you and he that he could go to the Bridge in the arms of his loving and loved mummy. RIP sweet boy. Love to you and your little ones. xx
andtiggertoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by andtiggertoo »

I've only just caught up with this. I am so sorry, Julia. Terrible time for both of you. Our Wilma had a brain tumour a couple of years ago and looking back, we put her through far too much to see if there was anything we could do to help. There wasn't and I wish we had just opted for palliative care when we suspected the tumour. You are both in my thoughts.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Oh Julia, I'm so very sorry. I do know how it feels watching them struggling, and feeling powerless to help them, knowing it's never going to get any better this time. You know you've done the kindest thing, but they leave such a gaping hole in our hearts and our lives when they go. Dear Hector, his struggle is over now and he had the best passing imaginable - gently, and in your loving arms. Sometimes I envy our little ones at the end of their lives - I wish we could hope for the same for ourselves one day.

Take care Julia. Hector's in a peaceful place now, it's you who needs to recover. I hope happy memories will soon surpass the bad and help you to heal. xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Oh no, I didn't expect this. Julia, I don't know what to say, I'm so very sorry - I know how much care, love, time and effort you put into Hector - he was such a lucky boy to have you fighting his corner with him. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace brave and lovely Hector. xx
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Thank you for lovely messages. I began the process of sorting out his stuff today, there was a lot of Hector related things around the house as we'd adapted to his needs, more than I realised. It's been a tough week, all happening relatively quickly and that is taking some coming terms with but it's all part of the grieving process I know.

I pick up Hector's ashes on Friday morning and the pet crematorium are also doing a paw print for me, I will be pleased when he's back home where he belongs.

I have this picture of him framed on the bookcase, he hadn't been with us long and his health problems hadn't really started, this is how I'll remember him.
Attachments
600.jpg
(50.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Aww bless him, that's a lovely photo, how old was he there Julia?