Advice on foster home please

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
elsa-stockwells
New Cat Chatter

Advice on foster home please

Post by elsa-stockwells »

Hi all

I am in a situation that requires me to urgently find foster homes for my cats. I am having to leave my home & the area I live in. I will not ba able to take my beautiful fluffy babies with me :cry:
I do not need or want to rehome them but will need to find them foster homes until I can be reunited.
Could anyone please offer me some advice as to how I might go about finding suitable foster homes?
Location is not particularly important.

Thankyou for reading this :)
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Advice on foster home please

Post by Kay »

most fosterers work for rescues, and the chances of any of them, anywhere, having space for a private foster arrangement is, I'm afraid, zero

have you considered friends, family or a cattery if the situation is temporary? someone you know, or a commercial arrangement, is probably going to be your only option - but if you do have to use a cattery you will need to act quickly, as summer holiday bookings will soon be filling the best of them
elsa-stockwells
New Cat Chatter

Re: Advice on foster home please

Post by elsa-stockwells »

Hi Kay

Thankyou for your reply.

I understand why you think a commercial arrangement would be the only option open to me. I will be able to get my animals fostered by a rescue organisation but that would be an extremely last minute option. I just wanted the peace of mind of knowing my babies were safe before having to go down that route.

I am fairly certain that I will need foster care for my cats for between 6-9 months. Due to the circumstances I cannot home my cats with friends or family.

I am more than happy to explain my reasons for this by private message but I am afraid I cannot explain my reasons publicly. :(

Thanks again for your advice :)