RIP Lady Byron

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

RIP Lady Byron

Post by Cussypat1974 »

She passed away yesterday from congestive heart failure, peacefully at home.

She is the second last of the Walking Dead Poet's Society cats, and was as feral as they come. She had a wobble on Sunday and I managed to get her inside. I knew she was heading to the bridge. I kept a close eye on her in case of a painful saddle thrombus, but thankfully that didn't happen. She pitlived all of her litter who were born with heart defects. She ate salmon and drank kitty milk, and went to sleep, never to regain consciousness. The only remaining survivor of her colony, TS Eliott (possibly her son, father and father or uncle to the litter she had after she arrived) stayed with her body until yesterday evening. He followed her in and literally sat with her till hours after she had died. It was extremely touching.

RIP Lady Byron. I thought you were a boy at first and then you started popping out kittens. I am glad I got to know you and that you trusted me enough to keep you warm and safe at the end. I understood your boundaries, and you eventually understood that I was not a foe. You were a fierce mother and terrified the vet nurse when you were sent to be spayed. You terrified me too for a long time, and you terrified poor Coco when he tried to make friends with your babies!

You will be sorely missed by us all.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: RIP Lady Byron

Post by meriad »

I am sorry :(

RIP Lady Byron, sweet dreams
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's some comfort to know she went peacefully. Sleep tight Lady Byron Xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

A sad loss, but a good ending. RIP Lady Byron :(
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Thank you. She had a desperate existence before I got her, and it isn't that I am not upset, but I am just glad she passed easily and had a good few years, where she wasn't starved or covered in lice. I am also glad she let me catch her and didn't die under a bush in the rain. She was a ferocious beast when it came to her kittens, but every single colony member died from heart failure, including her kittens before her.
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

RIP Lady Byron, run free at Rainbow Bridge.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

"To put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived."

Run free at the Rainbow bridge lady Byron.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was very lucky that you found her, after a dreadful start you gave her a proper life and a dignified end. (((hugs))).

Rest in peace Lady Byron.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm sorry to hear this, I remember when you first caught her. RIP little one
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

She went over the Bridge surrounded by love. XXX
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Aa you say, a good ending to a life lived to the full. How lovely that TS Elliot came and sat with her. And she was very lucky to have you to make her safe and more comfortable during her life, and at her passing. I'm sure you'll miss her. RIP little one.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

i buried her this morning, at the end of the garden - what we call the "Wild Side". we leave that part completely natural for birds and insects and frogs to have a bit of a sanctuary, small as it is. she loved it down there when alive, so I thought it a fitting place for her final sleep.

i also had a look at her teeth, and she was not an old cat. very slight tartar but otherwise clean teeth with no discolouration. her body was old looking,but her teeth told a different story.

i am so glad that whole lineage is gone forever. fantastic cats the lotof them, but such suffering and health problems. they were all inbred. I look at TS now and feel so sad for him, the last of his family group. But he has some very good friends here and quite likes a fuss too. I just WISH he would use a litterbox ha ha! he prefers to go just behind the door, so it makes a lovely mess when I open it!!!!!!

she is at peace now, and reunited with her family if there is an afterlife.
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

What a fitting resting place.

Thank you for all you have done with her family.

RIP Lady Byron xx