Lily's Kitchen...?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Lily's Kitchen...?

Post by KittyWitty »

What are peoples views on it?

The protein content isn't as high as I was expecting it too be... :roll:

Comet is getting Nature's Menu with one or two meals a week with are either tuna/egg yolk/something else but I was thinking of adding in a couple of meals of possibly Lily's Kitchen? But after looking at it, I do believe that 'Natures Menu is superior...

I will be adding in Natures Menu raw nuggets soon definitely anyway!
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Lily's Kitchen...?

Post by Camdengirl »

By dry weight, Lily's Kitchen contains more protein than Nature's Menu. Just going by the % on the pack doesn't tell you much, because the amount of moisture in wet foods varies.

I think both Nature's Menu and Lily's Kitchen are good foods, I especially like that Lily's is organic. I buy both (and other foods) to keep meal times interesting for my furries.
joolie75
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by joolie75 »

Yeah, I use Lily's kitchen dry for our Moogster. He used to have JWB, but they changed the recipie, I swear, as Moogs went off it and also was sick and bloated.
A quick change to something more "natural" (as natrual as dry can be ;) ) and we found Lily's.

I like the container (recyclable) and Moogle likes hte food (we refer to them as Cat Coco-Pops) :D

PS - and yes, he gets junk-food wet alongside....some Sheba mini-pouches (1-2 a day).
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by KittyWitty »

Camdengirl wrote:By dry weight, Lily's Kitchen contains more protein than Nature's Menu. Just going by the % on the pack doesn't tell you much, because the amount of moisture in wet foods varies.

I think both Nature's Menu and Lily's Kitchen are good foods, I especially like that Lily's is organic. I buy both (and other foods) to keep meal times interesting for my furries.
Ah ok, how can I tell the 'true' protein amount?