Little Fluffy has gone to sleep

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Little Fluffy has gone to sleep

Post by HRHFluffy »

My baby girl has deteriorated recently and her quality of life was steadily slipping away. She has been so brave for so long with her failing kidneys and poorly heart. Today I made the heartbreaking decision to let her go at home. I had hoped for a peaceful end but the little girl put up an almighty fight which has distressed me greatly. I wasn't expecting her to resist so much. Harvey went relatively peacefully and I was hoping for the same. Those lasting images are so very painful.

Night night Fluffy you gorgeous and most loving little girl. My world will never be the same again. Sleep tight Xxxxxx
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Little Fluffy has gone to sleep

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Carol I think you are so brave posting on here tonight.

I know how difficult this has been for you today, and in the days leading up to your decision.

The bond and understanding that you shared with Fluffy was incredible. The love was undeniable. The wonderful and happy life you gave her was all any furbabe could ever wish for. She had a full, happy, contented life because of you.

You know Dora & I are here if/when you need us. Day or night.

RIP booty fall Fluffy. There is a huge Fluffy shaped hole in the world of the Friendlies tonight. I doubt that will ever completely heal. Run and play hard you speshel girl and make sure you are waiting at the Bridge as and when your Friendlies need you xxx

Love and (((hugs))) Carol xxxxxxx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm so sorry to hear this, she had such a good life with you, RIP little one
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Fluffy touched so many hearts. She will be much missed by many.

Take care of yourself - it will get easier

RIP beautiful girl xxxx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

So very sorry to hear. Sleep tight little Fluffy, and love and hugs to you Carol from Lil x
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

We are so sorry to hear of HRH Fluffy going to Rainbow Bridge, Carol, she was loved by all of us.

Sleep tight and run free at the Bridge with Kitten and Mischa, Fluffy. A big {hug} from me and a big {nuzzle} from Denver for you, Carol.

Helen and Denver
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

It is a very, very sad day for the CC community. Fluffy was loved by everyone, and made a huge impact on so many of us. We are all grieving for you, Carol, and want to give you all the comfort we can.

RIP darling girl, till you and your mummy meet again. Keep your eyes on the prize....

XXXX
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Hazel »

So sorry Carol, we'll all really miss Fluffy!! I adore your avatar picture, what a beautiful fluffy girl she was! xxxx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Oh Carol, what a shock. I am so very, very sorry to hear the news. She was a very special little girl and she will be greatly missed.

Carol, you were the first friend I made on CC and I shall always be grateful for your help and reassurance when I first posted about my worries for Bobby. I wish there was something more I could do or say, but you are in my thoughts tonight. Sending you a big ((HUG)).

RIP sweet Fluffy, 'til we meet again. xx
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Bless you, rest in peace ,little Fluffy at the rainbow bridge, and keep in check all the rowdy ones there.

Take care of yourself.

x
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

So sorry Carol. I know you did everything you could to give Fluffy a wonderful life. I know there is nothing i can say to make you feel better. My thoughts are with you xxx
pandorawarlord
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by pandorawarlord »

this is very sad news, Fluffy was a special cat loved by all of us.
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

I am posting up here too. Having your heart ripped from your insides......all I can....I don't what I was going to say? I am so bereaved .....the spell check came up with "family" on its screen. Yep. That's right, Fluffys family. Carol, you are family when one of us hurt, we all do.
Fluff Fluff woman feels better. Released from her body's ailments. She is free to run the fields of heaven......
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

I'm so sorry to hear this, Carol. Thinking of you. My Clay didn't have a peaceful passing either, and it does make a very difficult time even harder to bear, but he would have suffered much more if I hadn't acted, and I imagine the same would have been true for Fluffy. You gave her a wonderful life and she was very lucky to be loved so much. Sleep tight Fluffy x
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Carol, I am so very very sorry. Your gorgeous Fluffy had the most wonderful life with you and I do hope that that final memory you have will soon fade and you remember your girl as she was.

Sending lots of love and a very big ((((hug))))

Good night beautiful Fluffy, sleep tight and rest in peace x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Oh Carol, I've shed several tears for you and for Mme Fluffy whilst reading this thread - I'm so very sorry. I so wish I could say something to make it better. (((hugs)))

You took such exemplary care of her and fought for her as hard as she herself fought, you were both well matched in your determination to get the best out of life for her. The manner of her passing must have been painful, but I don't think she could have done it any other way, bless her, and loving her as you did, you had to make the wisest and kindest decision to enable her to finally rest.

Her little grumpy puss face never failed to make me smile, the world is a sadder place without her in it, but I'll never forget her and Grumpy Nellie salutes the passing of a soul sister. xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thank you so much everyone. Words cannot express how much your comments have meant to me. I am overwhelmed by your kindness and by the love that you have for my little girl. It has been a comfort to know that she touched many hearts.

If only, oh if only the final moments hadn't happened as they did. I am absolutely inconsolable. If it had gone smoothly then my grief would be entirely different. It was always my aim to prevent suffering, not to have to act to stop it. But despite the timing being just right, I hadn't anticipated this final and cruel twist. I keep going over it in my mind. Trying to think of how I could have done things differently.
Camdengirl wrote:I'm so sorry to hear this, Carol. Thinking of you. My Clay didn't have a peaceful passing either, and it does make a very difficult time even harder to bear, but he would have suffered much more if I hadn't acted, and I imagine the same would have been true for Fluffy.
Sarah, do you mind my asking how long it took before those final images began to fade? I so desperately wanted Fluffy to love me til the end, not to see me as an enemy. I can't stop blaming myself.

CC has been a large part of my life since Fluffy's diagnosis three years ago. I want to thank you all for helping me so many times when I desperately needed it. The advice you gave and the love and concern you showed for us has been invaluable and a literal life saver at times. We've had many laughs along the way, often at little Fluffy's expense (her gorgeous stern expression was often "admired"). You've all cheered me up and helped reassure me so many times. I will never forget your kindness, especially now when I so desperately need it.

Thank you for letting me share my gorgeous Fluffy's life with you.

Carol xxxxx
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

You can't let guilt over come you. I know it will, but try to forgive yourself. Not that you did anything wrong, but because you feel you did. The transition into the unknown is something we can't see until its our turn... Peace is there. Comfort. She will miss you as much as you her. Cats really don't carry their expressions on their faces..... I know she cared for you. I could tell by her eyes, the way her eyes tryed to meet yours as you filmed her...yeah..there is love there.
Peace be with you.....
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

I know it's very upsetting for us seeing them distressed, but I imagine cats see the vet as 'the enemy' in these situations, not us – we are the ones who offer comfort and safety. I know we are inclined to feel that they might 'blame' us for the unpleasant things that happen to them, but whenever I have been at the vet with one of my cats and something nasty has happened, the cat's reaction has always been to rush/wriggle/turn to me for comfort. (They might well sulk afterwards, when they're a safe distance from whatever it was, but at the critical moment we are the ones they trust.)

To be honest, nearly five years on, I don't remember how long it took for me to stop reliving Clay's passing, in my memories it's all tied up with my devastation at losing him (he was very much my 'soul' kitty). He was already very distressed before we got to the 'final moment', he had collapsed with a blood clot in his back, was in a lot of pain and had lost the use of his back legs. I will always be sorry his last hour was so distressing for him, but I am thankful I was at home with him when he collapsed (it happened less than an hour before I would have left for work) and was able to get him straight to the vet. I try to focus on all the happy times I had with him and draw comfort from all the pictures I have of him sprawled, contented, in funny sleeping positions.

Please try not to blame yourself, I think many of us who have had to make the hardest of decisions for our furries will be plagued by 'what if' and 'should I have' about either the moment itself or some of those leading up to it, but none of us can anticipate the future and know exactly how things will go. We can only do our best for our little companions, and I am sure deep down they know that, and just how much we love them xx
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Oh Carol it's so awful isn't it? I haven't said this to anyone because I'm trying not to focus on this part of the process but Hectors passing didn't go very smoothly. He wouldn't hold still enough for the vet to inject straight into the vein so she had to take him into another room to put a cannula in and then brought him back in to do the final injection. It wasn't how I wanted it to be, it was upsetting but my arms around him, even if he was struggling, was the last thing he felt and I take comfort from that. As Sarah said it becomes part of the devastation of losing a much loved family member and I know in time I'll forget that part. Like Sarah's Clay I had a special bond with Hector just like you have with Fluffy and the pain of this traumatic day will ease and you'll remember your girl with smiles instead of tears.

Rest in peace beautiful girl, Hector will be waiting for you and you'll have a ball up there. Hugs to you Carol, go easy on yourself x
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Sarah for recounting your experience with Clay and for your reassurance. I appreciate it mustn't have been pleasant going through it again. But hearing about it has helped me!

Julia I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with Hector. I along with many others had no idea. Poor you! I very nearly kept details of what happened with Fluffy to myself but I just had to pour it out. If I hadn't I would never have learnt about your experience and Sarah's and they have both helped me.

Thank you both for being so selfless in sharing your sad experiences. Appreciate it so much.
PeanutsFriend wrote: Cats really don't carry their expressions on their faces...I know she cared for you. I could tell by her eyes, the way her eyes tryed to meet yours as you filmed her...yeah..there is love there. .
Thanks Jill. What a lovely observation!!
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hi everyone, it's been an awful week as you can imagine.

I've asked Sarah to upload a video of Fluffy in happier times (post to follow shortly). It's one of her enjoying her catnip sack in her "undergarments". Just wanted to share this with you so you could see a more playful side to my little girl. Was filmed in November 2013 shortly after losing Harvey. Was good to see her enjoying herself as she was missing him so much at the time.

Hope it makes you smile.

Carol Xxx
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

When i said 'keep in check the rowdy ones Fluffy' never imagined that Luca would follow her to the rainbow bridge so quickly, she is going to have her paws full keeping an eye on him.!, Although Fluffys photograph is so like our Phoebe, and just one look from her meant 'don't you even think about it Luca Montalbano '

lots of love,and hopefully our grief & tears will no longer flow,,just remember our little ones with lots of hugs.

Elaine.XXX
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Here it comes.... Just waiting for rubbish 3G to kick in on my phone at work.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

http://youtu.be/66TE2JS4Wqg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the lovely girl . Xxx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I'm looking forward to seeing that. :)

Isn't it amazing, the power these little creatures have over our lives and happiness? Something happened yesterday (this thread is not the place to go on about it) that pulled me up short. I'd had a really good day and things are going well for us at the moment. We had a worry about Bob (he's fine, thank God) but it changed my whole outlook on life.

What I am trying to say in my clumsy way, is I really feel for you right now and am thinking about you and sending a big ((HUG))xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Just seen the video - and put it on favourites - it's a lovely tribute to a lovely cat. :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

She is utterly gorgeous!

That fierce face and those great big tiger paws...

I'm assuming that when she arrived she was so matted she had to be shaved and prance about in the nuddy till she got her kit back - as can be seen from your avatar.

Not a cat you'd meet every day and once seen never forgotten eh? :)

Memorable Fluffy! x
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I'm pleased you liked her little video. I've watched it over and over this week.

Lil she had to have her new "hairstyle" a couple of times. She was a typical nortie tortie and hated being brushed. Her hair design coincided with dentals that she needed. Her skin used to feel like silk once she'd had her fur removed.

Yes she's certainly a memorable little girl.

Sue I'm sorry you've had a worry with Bobby. Relieved he's ok. Thanks for putting Fluffy's video on favourites.

Elaine I know you had no idea what was about to happen last week with Luca. What a terrible shock.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts Xxx

Here's one of my favourites of little Fluffy. This time fully clothed!

I'm hoping in time my heart will start to mend.
Attachments
image.jpg
(74.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

She was a lovely girl Carol. I know how hard it is watching the videos, but glad we can have them to look back on.

Hope you are doing OK.