The Greek Cat, Minnie...

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

The Greek Cat, Minnie...

Post by Lyn from Australia »

Some of you might remember a couple of years ago a lovely story we were all a party to involving a little stray cat who was called Minnie with some neurological/spinal issues who had been found by a lovely lady, who unfortunately couldn't keep her and who couldn't find anyone else who wanted her. We all recommended that she contact "Julie in Greece" who, along with her OH Paul, runs a small rescue organisation over there.

Minnie was put on a bus by herself and traveled the width of the country to Julie and Paul, and I remember being so happy that she'd found a safe haven.

Yesterday I was sorting through emails and found one about Minnie, in response to me enquiring about her directly to the rescue back in January. Paul wrote:

"Hi Lyn, greetings from Greece!

It's nice to hear from you. Hope you and yours are well.

Yes, Minnie is still with us, she's all grown up now and is doing well despite her many problems. She has a very comical walk but has good balance now, she gets around really well and has lots of energy (too much at times!)
She has a deformed jaw that has twisted more as she has grown. Thankfully she can still eat without too many problems, she has a very good appetite and hoovers up everything that is put in front of her.
Hopefully she will continue to do well and will be with us for some time to come...
I've attached a recent photo of the lovely little lady :)

Take care Lyn, wishing you and your furry family all the very best for the new year

Julie, Paul, Kerry Ann & the furry gang xx "

I've tried to attach a scan of the photo - hope you can see her.

Happy endings - oh, if only they all were happy, or at least many more of them! :lol:
Attachments
Scan1111.jpg
(124.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: The Greek Cat, Minnie...

Post by Mrs Kane »

That's great to hear! Sorry I wasn't around here a few years ago but it's always lovely to hear that a cat has found a good home! Kudos to you and Paul for looking out for this kitty :)
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

Lovely update Lyn, thanks for posting. I remember Minnie's story well. Our hearts were in our mouths as to whether the solo bus ride across Greece would go without hitch and it did. Julie and Paul do such wonderful work out there.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks for the update. It is lovely to hear she is doing so well.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Goodness was it so long ago, i remember watching the first video that was posted of Minnie, and worried over the little ones lone jouney on a coach trip.

Glad to hear she is still with us, and more importantly happy and loved .

Thank you very much for this lovely update.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Oh that's a wonderful update! I remember her story well, and the bus ride she took across country to her new home. I'm so glad she's grown into such a lovely cat, in spite of all her problems. Thank you for posting the update. xx
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Lyn your post has just put a huge smile on my face. Gosh do we remember that story and Minnie's solol trip across Greece.

It's lovely to hear she's doing well and I really hope Paul and Julie are doing OK? They had and still have so much going on in their lives and do just the most amazing job out there.

thank you
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

I'm so pleased that so many of you remember Minnie. If you want to check out what Julie and Paul are doing, their web address is http://www.furryfriendsinneed.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;