Little Fluffy has gone to sleep

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Little Fluffy has gone to sleep

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks so much Mark Xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

That's a lovely photo of her Carol. x
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh, I love that photo, Carol. What a stunning little girl. It's so nice that Fluffy's friends on CC can see her looking so happy with her nip. xxx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

She's magnificent...that face has got 'attitude' lol.

I use the present tense as I'm certain she still exists although on a different plane and when the time comes (as it will to all of us) for you to cross over to that unknown region, I reckon the first thing you'll notice will be an almighty headbutt and a 'Oy! I'm here! And no brushing either!' :D

Hey Bobbys girl, hope Bob is okay now - you'll have to give him his own thread to let us know what went on.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:I use the present tense as I'm certain she still exists although on a different plane and when the time comes (as it will to all of us) for you to cross over to that unknown region, I reckon the first thing you'll notice will be an almighty headbutt and a 'Oy! I'm here! And no brushing either!' :D
That's a nice thought. :)

Hi Lilith, thanks for asking after Bob. It was nothing strange or startling, not really worth a post of it's own.

He has got into the habit of sleeping most of the day and toddling off to explore for a few hours in the evening. But the other day he went out at lunch time and was nowhere to be seen at our bedtime. We called and called, nothing. I was panic-stricken and imagining the worst. All the good things that are going on in my life right now suddenly meant nothing without him.

He eventually came strolling back over the road and trotted down the drive as if nothing was wrong. I hugged him 'till he squeaked. :roll:

Sorry to hijack your thread Carol.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

bobbys girl wrote:
Lilith wrote:I use the present tense as I'm certain she still exists although on a different plane and when the time comes (as it will to all of us) for you to cross over to that unknown region, I reckon the first thing you'll notice will be an almighty headbutt and a 'Oy! I'm here! And no brushing either!' :D
That's a nice thought. :)

Hi Lilith, thanks for asking after Bob. It was nothing strange or startling, not really worth a post of it's own.

He has got into the habit of sleeping most of the day and toddling off to explore for a few hours in the evening. But the other day he went out at lunch time and was nowhere to be seen at our bedtime. We called and called, nothing. I was panic-stricken and imagining the worst. All the good things that are going on in my life right now suddenly meant nothing without him.

He eventually came strolling back over the road and trotted down the drive as if nothing was wrong. I hugged him 'till he squeaked. :roll:

Sorry to hijack your thread Carol.
Aw glad he's ok - you must have been frantic though - know that feeling! (And they do, just come strolling back, 'what you making a fuss for, woman? Where's me tea?)

Still thinking about you and Fluffy, Carol x
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Sarah, Sue and Lil xx

Glad you liked the photo. It's such a tough time. Your kind thoughts mean a lot!!

Sue I'm relieved that Bob came back home (eventually).
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

What a lovely picture Carol...it so sums up HRHFluffy at her best....

I totally understand how you feel about the worry that Fluffy struggled to the end, CC howled all the way to the vet on his final journey and the guilt tore me apart for a long time, he too struggled to the end and I felt that he thought I was 'the enemy' too...it took a long time for me to realise that it was just his reaction to be being held, though for a long time I battled with the emotions every day, I felt so much pain and the tears were never far away, just seeing one of his toy mice at the back of a chair, a stray bit of his fur on the carpet, and the pain and guilt would hit me again like a steam train............but you and I gave them such a good life, so much love that Fluffy would never have had, if he had not been with you, take comfort in that, to do the most selfless thing in the world and most certainly, of this I am sure, the kindest, is to let them free from their suffering, as humans, we are denied that right, our beloved pets leave us in peace and our last act of love for them is to never deny them this dignified passing. Take strength Carol that you did this for him and know that Fluffy will be waiting for you, healthy once more...

I used to read this poem over and again, I hope you don't mind me sharing it with you......stay strong Carol, we are all with you, take good care of yourself....Julie XX

May I go now?
by Susan A. Jackson

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say good-bye to pain-filled days
and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.

I want to go. I really do.
It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that,
and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you, too.
That's why it's hard to say good-bye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Julie that poem is amazing. Thank you for sharing it and CCs story with us xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Julie thank you so much for telling us about your experience with CC. I had no idea. I feel exactly the same. Torn apart by guilt and the horrible reminder of it all. It must have taken it out of you to go through it again but I'm so grateful that you did. It has helped comfort me!

Thank you for taking the time to share the poem. It is beautiful Xxxxx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Julie, what a beautiful and heartrending poem. I remember so well how traumatic CC's illness and death were, but we didn't know about this added distress you had to bear. My heart goes out to you. Your darling boy will be remembered forever, and his legacy is your dearest Barney. (((Hugs))) xxxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Thanks, Carol, lovely pics of my favourite Duchess. Please, please be kind to yourself and try to remember her like that. The manner of her passing shouldn't, and doesn't, outweigh the months and years of love, care and attention she had with you. I had a really busy week at work, but I was thinking of you and Mme Fluffy all week. xx

I hope you're doing OK. (((hugs)))

I'm so sorry, Julie, I didn't know about the manner of CC's passing either. xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Helen I'm so pleased you liked the pics of your favourite Duchess!! I'm trying very hard to remember her in that way.

Thank you for thinking of us and for your kind and reassuring words. They do help very much Xxxxx
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Wednesday has come around again, i hope you are taking care of yourself Carol, thinking of you lots today and Lil Fluffy

XXX
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thank you so much Elaine for thinking of us today. Yes it's another Wednesday. Horrible sad day. I know you will be feeling the same on Sundays. It's a tough time for both of us. Still so raw.

Thinking of you and Luca. Such a lovely happy boy. Take care Xxxx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Hugs to you both, dear Carol and Elaine. XXXXX
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

I still miss her. I dreamt of her and Invision a picture of her and it said... Fluffington Manor...
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Jill, that's so lovely! Carol is away at a conference, so she might not see this for a few days. We'll make sure to remind her to check the thread.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Jill it's a comfort to know you miss her too. What a lovely dream. Very fitting indeed!! Thanks for letting me know. I dreamt of her again last night. Xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

'Fluffington Manor' is a lovely image! I'm glad you're still popping in here, Carol, and it means I still get to see your avatar pic of Mme Fluffy. That pic still makes me smile, and the way she has her little white paws so firmly planted in exactly the same way that my Grumpy Nellie does. I shall always think of them as soul sisters. xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Helen I know Fluffy and Nellie had so much in common!!! Hearing about Nellie's reactions to Daz used to make me laugh. Reminded me so much of Fluffy and Harvey. I'm glad you like her avatar. Was the very first photo I posted on here after eventually learning how to do it! I can still remember many of the comments about her rather serious expression. She was such a sweetie really Xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I remember that too, it was then I realised how similar they were. 'Grumpy puss' faces but sweethearts really ..... well ...... most of the time. I always sympathised, as I myself have one of those faces that make people ask what's wrong if I'm not actually smiling! xx
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

Crewella wrote:'Fluffington Manor' is a lovely image! I'm glad you're still popping in here, Carol, and it means I still get to see your avatar pic of Mme Fluffy. That pic still makes me smile, and the way she has her little white paws so firmly planted in exactly the same way that my Grumpy Nellie does. I shall always think of them as soul sisters. xx

Yes Carol is stronger than she knows. She may have been brought to her knees with the passing of her one true friend. We can be her crutches in life.
Yesterday was Fluffys' gotcha day. Our Lady cat friend..
Ryan
New Cat Chatter

Post by Ryan »

Im sorry to hear that. But I think we've all been there once and we feel for you.