gourmet gold MOUSSE

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

gourmet gold MOUSSE

Post by nanny pamy »

Hi folks. I always buy Gourmet Gold Pate for Theo for his evening meal :roll: He has Go Cat dry in the day. I noticed on the box of Gourmet Gold assorted pate that I get it says they do Mousse and id like to try this but I can't find anywhere in Liverpool that stocks the Mousse and I've tried all the big stores. I've looked on amazon and eBay but its more for bulk buying and its the small tins not the boxes of assorted and I only want one box of assorted to try. Has anyone any ideas.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: gourmet gold MOUSSE

Post by bobbys girl »

Do you have a Jolleys near you? I think I have seen it there.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

Aww no I haven't heared of a jollies. I can only think theres not much demand for the moosse because I d tried Sainsbury, Morrison, asda, Tesco etc. I just thought it would be nice to try him with it because he,ll only eat the pate and it sounds similar
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

don't know about the mousse, but I buy Gourmet Souffle from Zooplus, and also varieties of the pate not sold in our shops
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I know I've seen it somewhere, Pets at Home?
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Pepsi loves this. Our Sainsbury's has stopped doing the boxes but does individual cans of Ocean Fish flavour. Asda does the boxes of assorted varieties. I've also got it from PAH. We can't do without it!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Just a thought - Omagh's ASDA does Clotted cream and Double Gloucester Cheese, Enniskillen's ASDA no such chuffin' luck. The stores are about 30 miles apart.

Perhaps another branch of Sainsbury, Tesco etc might do the mousse?
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

No pets at home don't do the Moose but il look on zooplus.
pandorawarlord
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by pandorawarlord »

Ocado sell the mousse & pate, they have a good selection across the gourmet range
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Pets at home sell the pate, which is more like a mousse http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/ ... d-12-x-85g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to buy in bulk, Amazon have a good deal on 8 boxes http://www.amazon.co.uk/Purina-Gourmet- ... +gold+pate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

Thanks for the replies. I think it must just be theres no demand for it in Liverpool :roll: I,ll stay with the pate because he loves that. He wont eat anything with "bits" in or gravy. Ive tried all kinds and he will totally do without eating rather than eat anything other than the pate and Go Cat salmon. Fussy little boy.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Not sure about the Go-Cat. They must wave a piece of salmon at a box of cereal to make it :D

For very little more, you can get Purina's much higher meat/fish content Purina One from Zooplus. The 3kg bags are about £10. I just bought 2 x 800g bags for £6 with my recent order. I always buy the sensitive version as it is wheat-free but costs the same as the other variants.

I am also buying Greenwoods, which is very similar to JWB (infact I am convinced that they actually make it!) At the moment it is £7.99 for 2kg - it has a very high meat content.

Supacat and Harrington's are other brands with a decent meat and/or fish content, but a good price http://www.amazon.co.uk/Supacat-Adult-S ... cat+salmon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;