BARNEY BACK IN HOSPITAL TONIGHT !!!!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: BARNEY BACK IN HOSPITAL TONIGHT !!!!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I'm so pleased he's pulled through the op. He will feel much better for it. As you say he is a toughie and he's fighting all he can to be with you as long as possible. He is such a sweet natured boy. It will be a long night for you but let's hope you can bring him home tomorrow where he belongs. Xxxx
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

Oh that is good news. Barney sounds like a real fighter. Poor baby...let's hope he can go home tomorrow where he belongs, for lots of TLC.

Thinking of you and Barney. xxx
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Thank you so much.....

Our boy wants to stay a little while longer and we will make sure that we do the very best for him and make him as happy as he can be...I just feel bad that he has had to endure the vets every day for almost a week now....though, in so saying , we have discovered a fantastic vet at the practice who we will now stick with...our usual vet is semi retired now and the replacement we saw just didn't seem anywhere near as compassionate as this lovely woman was...she actually kissed him and used his name many times whilst examining him, which seemed to calm him and immediately she gave him a pain killing injection before she went much further in examining him....at least one good thing has come out of this I hope...Barney has a new 'vet friend' ....xx
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Oh my goodness - poor dear Barney! Thank goodness you and Ian were so determined and found him under your neighbour's shed. He must have felt his time had come. It does sound like the blockage has been troubling him for some time and of course it could be fatal if not sorted.

Your vet sounds lovely, and it must be a great comfort to know that Barney appreciates her too and knows he is being cared for. Try to get a good night's sleep and we're all hoping the news in the morning is good. Certainly he will be feeling so much better now that, with the drip as well, he should be much improved tomorrow.

Come on Barney, you're going to be okay!

xxx
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

Best of luck, Julie, we're all thinking of you and Barney.
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Well donie Barney!!

In all seriousness, you have all had a rough time of it. Barney is certainly a real fighter. Fingers crossed he's over the worse.

Give him a fuss from us when he gets home xxxx
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Joanne_ »

Ah fab news:D x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Pleased to hear it all went well. I bet he feels so much better, bless him. And I bet you feel SO relieved that you went to look for him and did not wait for him to turn up (the alternative doesn't bear thinking about)

I hope you and Ian had a good night's rest after all that worry. (Hugs) to you both and lots of fusses to brave Barney.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

:D :D :D BARNEY'S HOME !!!!!!! :D :D :D

Just collected him yet again from the vets, nursing a bruised paw and little bandage !!

I went with Ian to collect him, now I am back in work for a while, as I have been off because of recent events, Ian just rang to say that he is so pleased to be home, he is rolling over and asking for fuss non stop........and he's very hungry !!!!!

I just hope that he continues to improve, it has been a dreadful week, one I would not wish on my worst of enemies.....

I will update when I get home and see for myself.......thank you again for always being there for support, it has meant a lot to me this last week or so...xx
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Wow, I'm so pleased for you Julie. Well done Barney, and well done the new vet!
Jan
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jan »

Hi Julie ... oh my - you, OH and Barney have really through the mill over the past day or so. What a relief to see your words 'Barney's home' :D

What you and Barney have been through recently make my latest tribulations with Blackie seem very trivial :oops:

So very pleased (and relieved) that the vet has sorted Barney's 'back end' successfully. Look forward to your next update.

Love to Barney - and you.

Jan x
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jacks »

Wonderful news! Darling Barney! It sounds like he's now feeling right as rain (and will never understand why, thank goodness) and is looking to catch up on cuddles and food. I bet you can't WAIT to get home and give him all those fusses yourself.

So pleased your lovely lad is back where he belongs!
xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Great news Julie!!

So pleased for you all. Sounds like Barney is feeling fantastic.

I can imagine your excitement at wanting to get home to him.

Give him lots of cuddles from me.

Xxxxx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Julie, I am so out of the loop - haven't been on CC for several days. My goodness, what you have been through and your gorgeous lovely boy. So many kisses and hugs coming your way. Bless him, he must feel so relieved. Your vet bill must be massive now!!! But even if your insurance doesn't cover it, it's money well spent every time. What wouldn't we do for our babies. Thank goodness he has you and Ian. Hopefully his big clear out can mean that he and you can start from scratch and avoid it happening it again, but he seems to have an issue with non-meowing end of things which may always be there.

We love your BOY so much, Julie. Please forgive me for not being on CC at the right time. Feel free to email me any time and say 'Get on CC for goodness sake!'

lots of love from me and all the gang xxxx
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Awww bless him. I bet he feels so much better now. I'm so pleased he is back home with you both, Julie.

(Hugs)) to you and a big fuss for Barney and a Meow from Dave. :D
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Super news Julie.

Really looking forward to your update later once you are home with him.

Fusses to your gorgeous boy xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

So pleased to hear he is home. We had to take Willow in this morning, so we have a groggy moggy as well! She will be fine and I hope Barney will be to. I bet he is SO glad to be home and feeling better. Hope you all have a good, relaxing weekend.

(hugs) and fusses

Sue xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

So glad Barney's home and feeling better, and Willow.

Fusses to the groggy moggys! xx
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

Dear Julie and Barney

What a relief for you all that Barney is home!

What an unbelievably awful week or so you have had.

Continued fusses to the boy and (((((hugs)))))) to you xxxx
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Well, the littl;e poor fella is home with me at last !!

He has been on my knee for a while so this is the only time I have had to respond on here , as he hates the tapping of the keys !!! He is now just having a little supper !! So I thought I would make the most of it ....he is being spoilt rotten as he has been through so many medical procedures this last week, it is a shame, his little paws have been shaved and bandaged a few times and he has had enough, poor boy...

He is happy again for now and his usual self...because of the issues we have had with him I am watching him like a hawk, which is probably making me feel stressful too...

I could never thank you all enough, I only wish I could, just rest assured that for each an everyone of you I have treasured your words bless you...

Sarah.....don't worry, I know you are always there.....yes the vets bill is huge !!! Just a few pounds short of £ 10000.00 to date..!!! :o The vets pratcice are dealing direct with my insures, Petplan, so we have just had to pay the £70 xs so far....just hope they pay up ! The only exclusions on his policy is for dental or oral work....he's at the wrong end of that at the moment !!!

I just want him to be happy now, he has had so much done to him in a short space of time, his body needs to rest from it....his littl;e paw is sore from the drips being put in recently, and the nurse said to us that he was really angry last night when they put him on a drip yet again.......because of his age, I am reluctant to put him through any more now.....just happy to have him home ....xxxx

PS : How is Willow now Sue ?.......and Jan...same again...How is Blackie doing?, he has so many issues similar to Barney ..

PPS :JUST TO ADD THAT BARNEY HAS JUST HAD A HUGE POOH IN HIS TRAY!!! ONLY US FELLOW CAT OWNERS WILL UNDERSTAND MY RELIEF AT THIS NEWS !!!!!!!! :o
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

JulieandBarney wrote:PPS :JUST TO ADD THAT BARNEY HAS JUST HAD A HUGE POOH IN HIS TRAY!!! ONLY US FELLOW CAT OWNERS WILL UNDERSTAND MY RELIEF AT THIS NEWS !!!!!!!! :o
Yay! Well done Barney! :lol:

Thanks for asking about Willow, she had an in-growing 'dew' claw (don't know how we missed that :? ). She's OK, but very spaced out. She's been sitting staring at the wall with her tongue sticking out, poor baby.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Yay!!! Go Barney!! We love it when you poo!! Xxxx
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jacks »

Super news, Julie - if only there was a 'Like' facility on CatChat!

It sounds like his system is now working well - I'm suspecting therefore that this blockage must have been troubling him for some time. He is obviously prone to having problems with 'transit' and you'll have to try really hard not to convey your anxiety about every trip to the litter box your boy makes. Were all hoping you'll have some peace and happy times with Barney now. x

Sue - I hope little Willow is over her anaesthetic now and much more comfortable with her claw sorted out. x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Yes, thanks Jacks, she is much better and almost back to her short-tempered, Dowager Duchess self. :lol:

Julie, how's Barney today?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Congrats Barney for pulling through - and for the Log!

Sorry if you've tried this before but have you tried giving him the Royalcanin Fibre Response dry food?

My Mouse was getting very constipated in her old age (she's 13) and Mark B mentioned the Fibre Response on here - Mousey tried it - and she's a new cat! Magnificent Specimens now appear every night in the Mousey tray (sounds like one of those terrible 1950s ads for laxatives but I can't believe the improvement in that cat and neither can she I expect.)

If you haven't tried it, it's a very small and manageable size and smells yeasty like the old 'Meowmix' - she gets a small bowl to browse on but eats her wet food and probably the communal dry food too. Best supplier of the FR seems to be Viovet.

All best wishes :)
Jan
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jan »

What a relief checking on here and reading your great news, Julie. You must feel so relieved - and so must Barney. It must have seemed like a never-ending nightmare.

As for the present tribulations with Blackie - just his usual scratching habit resulting in missing fur and scab on the back of his neck :roll: He's also been biting himself 'down below' so off to the vets we went on Thursday.

As a thorough comb produced no evidence of fleas or mites, she thinks the licking/biting down below is due to Blackie having bladder problems. I was a bit puzzled by this as I''ve seen him use his tray and pee in the garden and saw no evidence of difficulty. Then I remembered that we'd had 2 lots of visitors to the house on different weeks and they'd each stayed for up to a week. She asked if I'd upped his Cystophan and Zyklene to 2 x day for 5 days before the visitors arrived? Oops, I forgot!

She then prescribed a 5 day course of Metacam because she believes the stress of strangers in the house has upset his bladder lining and as we have visitors again on Sunday for 2 days, I should immediately start the 2 x Cystophan + Zyklene per day. As for the scratching on his neck, she thinks this is related to the comings + goings over recent weeks and scratching is another way of relieving stress.

I really am very happy and pleased that Barney is much better. How lucky that you have a 'lap cat' ... something Blackie sadly never was, never will be :(

Finally, I'm pleased to read that all cats mentioned on this thread are now well.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Wow, what a hell of a time you've been having Julie! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my Grandad to alzheimer's disease as well. He died of a mass of problems but he stopped being my Grandad way before. I would give you a hug if I could.

And Barney as well! I read some of these threads sometimes and call over to Sofi "Don't you go causing any of this nonsense!" Then she looks at me, yawns and tries to steal my slipper.

I'm happy to hear that everything went okay with the op and fingered crossed, touch wood, Barney is on the mend and you won't have any problems for a while (if I rap my fingers on the chair a lot maybe not at all!)
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

Update?:)
Jan
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jan »

I've been thinking too about Barney over the last few days.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Me three.