Feeling broken

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
FurAndFeathers
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Feeling broken

Post by FurAndFeathers »

Yesterday we lost our beloved cat Lucky. He had recently been losing weight while still having a great appetite. Blood test showed nothing except some possible issue with his liver. He was sent for an abdominal scan.

This revealed bubbles on his liver so the vets asked if they could do a biopsy. Half an hour into the surgery we got a call that shattered us. His liver, spleen and pancreas was riddled with tumours. They told us the best thing would be to let him go while still sedated so he was not stressed or suffering.

We raced to the vets and they brought his sleeping form to us, we stroked him and cuddled him and I held him while they injected him. He went quickly and peacefully which is what we would always want.

However it was so unexpected we are just falling to pieces. The house, even with three other cats in it, feels empty.

He was a little soul who touched our hearts and will always be with us. But right now, our world is broken.
Attachments
IMG_20150701_193420635.jpg
IMG_20150701_193420635.jpg (42.29 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
BarryK001
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: Feeling broken

Post by BarryK001 »

Very, very sorry to hear of your loss. I truly think the grieving for a loved pet can be as strong as for a human. People who say that cats only come to humans for food are very wrong. They certainly have their own personalities and feelings and a lot of non-verbal communication is possible. I hope that you manage to cope with the grief a little bit better each day and that in the fullness of time you can remember all the happy times.

BK (going through something similar)
Mainecoon
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Mainecoon »

So sorry of your loss . Without turning it around .. we lost Timothy @ 13 years old ) 4 years ago due to a Heart Tumour . Like you they operated & we were informed whilst under he was anaesthetic & the deed was done .. peacefully . It such a sad loss & thinking of you . ( See previous posts re Cat RTA as we are recently bereaved ) Thinking of you at this time RIP Lucky x
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Joanne_ »

so sorry for your loss:( x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So sorry to hear about Lucky. It must have been a terrible shock for you. But it sounds like you did your best for him right to the end.

RIP Lucky, 'til we meet again. (Hugs) to you all.
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

So sorry to hear that, I really feel for you. I never thought I would heal, but I did but, eventually, I can now think of all the lovely times our wee soul made us smile and laugh and it warms me. Your beautiful cat was so loved and would have known that. You did the best possible thing in that you relieved the wee soul of a whole lot of suffering. Bless you, I know how hard that is. X
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you can find some comfort in the fact that you did your very best for him and he was able to slip away, peacefully and with dignity, in his sleep. He couldn't have asked any more of you. Rest in peace lovely Lucky. xx