FIV cat wanted - Scotland

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
fivsrock
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

FIV cat wanted - Scotland

Post by fivsrock »

HI,

I have sadly lost three of my four FIV positive boys over the last 15 months - the most recent of which I lost this morning :-(. This has meant that my remaining FIV boy is going to be on his own. As such I think that there is space in our home and hearts to help out another FIV moggie.

So I am in a position to offer a home.

About me:

I live in Scotland (but will travel for the right puss). I am a single parent to a 5 year old boy who has been around cats since he was 2 days old. He loves having furry brothers but isn't in their faces and doesn't manhandle them!! :-). I have a good sized home where there is a dedicated cat bedroom and I have a 12 foot outdoor run in my enclosed back garden so that they can get outside in the fresh air and sunshine :-)

I am an ex cats protection foster and have looked after well over 100 cats and have experience of taming down ferals. My remaining cat is actually a feral who I rehomed from the cat chat forum over 8 years ago - now he is a big fat lump who snuggles under the duvet.

My cats have never wanted for anything and have all had the vet care they require until they sadly passed.

I think that I have a good home to offer a new moggie.

The moggie I am looking for.

Ideally, I am looking for a short haired male fiv - preferably under ten years old as I have lost a few recently and would prefer to lessen the chances of going through it again too soon :-(. I am quite happy with a wee guy who looks like he has been through the wars lol . My remaining cat is probably about 10 years old ish and is other cat friendly.

Anyway let me know if you know of any boys who you think I might be a match for :-)
Hera
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: FIV cat wanted - Scotland

Post by Hera »

Hi
I have just read your post re FIV cat wanted. I know this is miles from you and probably too far but there is a charity in Sussex who have been trying to find a home for an FIV cat for 18 months now . If you go on there website you will see him. pawsandclaws-ages.org.uk Hope this is of interest.
fivsrock
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by fivsrock »

Hi thanks, I called but he's got a home now :-)
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

Hi there, I'm also from Scotland looking for an fiv pos cat. I found it pleasantly strange that there seem to be so few (in scotland anyway) if you find a place that possibly have a few could you pass me on some details. Thanks and good luck. Good on you too for caring for them so well :D
fivsrock
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by fivsrock »

I will do and you too :-), maybe we'll end up coordinating a transport run from down south lol
fivsrock
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by fivsrock »

Jilly, would you take a female? What cats do you have already? There might be a potential puss.........