Temp Foster Home Needed!

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Temp Foster Home Needed!

Post by KittyWitty »

My ex and I split up a few months ago and I have moved in with family to look after my mum and save money under the understanding that my ex would look after my cats, Comet and Whisky until I get my own place but he has now decided that he isn't willing to do this anymore and wants my boys gone asap.

I have no family or friends that would be able to take them in and so I need to find someone that could home them temporarily until I get back on my feet.

Is there anyone that would be able to help? I am in Edinburgh, Scotland and will obviously pay for all of their costs.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Temp Foster Home Needed!

Post by MarySkater »

I live in Dumfries, which is about 80 miles from you, and I don't have a car, so transport may be an issue. If you think you could arrange that, I'd be interested.

I adopted 2 cats in 2001. The older one died in 2012, the other one early this year. I've been missing the company, and wanting to foster, but nobody has accepted my offer. The sanctuaries nearest to me are all Cats Protection. They have a policy that foster cats should be kept in an outside pen, or else shut in one room with no soft furnishings, so that the space can be disinfected between occupants. I would want foster cats to share my own space, so that we'd be company for each other. I've talked to the local CP organiser, but she has nothing for me. Sanctuaries further away say sorry, they'd like me as a fosterer, but the distance is too much.

I live alone and own my house. I'm retired so I have plenty of time. I have a garden, but I'd keep foster cats indoors, to avoid risk of losing them. If you think the transport can be managed, and you don't have any nearer offers, send me a message and we can discuss it further.

Mary
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Thank you so much Mary, I drive so transport would be no issue.

I'll send you a message and we can go over the details.
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

Hi, just seen your request and was willing to foster your babe's . I am just beside Glasgow in Hamilton. I see you have had what seems like a great offer though, for your cats and for the lovely lady who has offered to help. It sounds ideal for her too. Feel free to contact me if it falls through. I have 2 cats and would be at my wits end in your situation so believe us cat people should help each other out, which is why I love this forum. Best wishes. X
Last edited by jillyvillyvoo on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I love this forum too, and this thread is a good example of why! I really hope this works out, for everybody. :)
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

I'm getting very worried about KittyWitty. We exchanged a couple of e-mails on Wednesday evening, and everything seemed fine, but she didn't reply to my last one. And she doesn't appear to have been on the forum since early Thursday morning.

I could understand if she had found a more suitable foster home for her cats, closer to where she lives. But just to break off communication seems very strange. I'm afraid she may be ill, or have some personal crisis. I wish I knew what had happened to her, and what the situation is with her cats.

I'm posting this just in case there has been some bad problem with the e-mail system, so if she sees this she will know that I want to keep in touch. Has anyone on here heard anything about her?

Mary
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

Hi Mary. That is strange. I offered a p,ace if things fell through with you as you will have read, I am closer but she has not contacted me at all. Perhaps something happened to her pc, tablet etc. Did you exchange numbers?
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

I sent her my address and phone number, but I don't have hers. The last message I had, she asked if she could come and see me and have a chat. I replied saying that would be fine, but then I didn't hear any more. I sent her one further e-mail, with no result. Maybe, as you suggest, she had computer or internet problems. I just hope she's okay.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

Okay, story over. KittyWitty has contacted me to say that she is now giving her cats to her ex, so that they don't have to move.
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

Oh that worries me slightly as he didnt want them and refused to take them before. :? I know what I would rather have done but that's just me. Well done Mary for offering your help with these wee souls. It's just a pity she didn't inform you straight away, saved you all the worry.