Cat Attract Litter

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
monster
Frequent Cat Chatter

Cat Attract Litter

Post by monster »

Everywhere seems to be sold out of cat attract litter.... argh! Anyone seen it anywhere? My cat is very choosy! :D
monster
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Cat Attract Litter

Post by monster »

Urgh only US sellers on ebay. Any alternatives? :s
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Alice »

Having 'googled' this and seeing the price, I'm very thankful that my two are happy to use Lidl's cat litter at £1.79 for a 10kg bag! :D :D

If you still have some of it, perhaps you could try mixing it with another type for the time being - and for future perhaps train your cat to have less expensive tastes!! :roll:
p885
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by p885 »

Cat litter is so hard to choose. What you like and can afford your cat might not like. That could be a bad thing.
monster
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by monster »

Unfortunately she is extremely picky about the litter box..... it is a fine clay type litter. Does anyone know of any other good clay litters?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

It looks very similar to Sainsbury's Ultra-Clumping litter, which comes in ?5 litre bags and is quite reasonably priced at £4. The Sainsbury's is very fine grained.

However, when I last tried to buy this it wasn't on offer online and a review mentioned it being discontinued, so I switched to the paper-based Bio-Catolet which is totally different, but I was tired of clay litter drifting everywhere (to say nothing of the weight) but that's another story.

The other day, stocking up on more litter, lo and behold - the ultra-clumping's back! So whether there was just a glitch I don't know. It certainly clumps - you have to chip it out of the tray! :)
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Monster, I used to order this one from Zooplus and it was fab:
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_ ... sic/209251

only reason I had to stop using it was because Ava (cat in the avatar) is quite long haired and she squats down quite low when she wee's and she'd end up with bits of clay on her trousers and I worried about her accidentally ingesting it. But it really is a nice litter (and has a pleasant smell). It's very fine clumping clay

Alternatively have you tried Worlds Best
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_ ... est/136586 again this one from Zooplus but you can get it at Pets at Home (I think?)

Really good but just a tad too expensive for me
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

and thinking about it, I'm sure Pets at Home used to do a very similar baby powder scented very fine cat litter as well

do you have one close to you?
monster
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by monster »

Thanks for the suggestions, I was desperate so ordered this one. It's very fine and seems to work ok and she likes it.... but it is brown which isn't ideal for a litter tray!

I will try some of the cheaper options above next time, thanks :)
pandorawarlord
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by pandorawarlord »

cat attract litter is sold on Amazon or try one of the Golden grey range its very fine litter and there is also a Golden white within their range, sold on Amazon or at zooplus