Stolen Cat give to stranger. Last seen Hackney area London

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
gailevansuk
New Cat Chatter

Stolen Cat give to stranger. Last seen Hackney area London

Post by gailevansuk »

Our beautiful cat Whiskers was taken by a family member and given away outside of the RSPCA charity shop on Lower Coulston Road in Hackney! This happened last friday the 8th of Jan between, we think, 2 and 4pm!

Can you help us find Whiskers? My 8 year old daughter and I am devastated by the loss!

Gail.x.
OHWS
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Stolen Cat give to stranger. Last seen Hackney area London

Post by OHWS »

Last edited by OHWS on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadow-puss
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by shadow-puss »

So sorry about your lost kitty! What a awful thing for someone to do. I would go back to the charity shop and ask to put posters up in their window, let them know about the situation incase the cat was given to a regular customer of their's, also put posters up in the area chances are if the cat was given to a someone passing by it will be a regular route for them to get home,to work, go shopping etc.

If you aren't able to make posters at home local libraries don't charge much to use their computers and printers. Also check with your local vets,or rescue organizations it's not usual for people to give cats away outside of charity shops so someone may have taken it somewhere safer,where people are able to look after it.
pandorawarlord
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by pandorawarlord »

if someone has been in your home and stolen , it is theft, have you been to the police?
gailevansuk
New Cat Chatter

Post by gailevansuk »

Hi all, she is sadly not chipped or had a collar. She was for the most part an indoor cat simply as she is quite timid and was afraid of the other big cats in the area! I've put posters up in the area 3 times now and have spoken to the staff in the shop who know nothing. It's looking like a made up story at this point. I haven't been to the police yet as it's my boyfriend's mother who did it! But now it appears I have no choice! :( I'm also going to contact the hackney gazette tomorrow to put the story out!