How to get very unwell cat to eat ? Help please ? x

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
feralcatlover
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 12

Re: How to get very unwell cat to eat ? Help please ? x

Post by feralcatlover »

Marla wrote:I'm so glad Harry's feeling better! :)

Have you ever spoken with this island charity?
http://www.felinewelfareiow.co.uk/feral ... the-island
Hi Marla,
Thanks, yes, have had dealings with Feline Welfare, but they are always so strapped for help themselves, I didn't contact them...they do a fantastic job for the cats on the island..thanks for the suggestion hun. xx
feralcatlover
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 12

Post by feralcatlover »

sunnyme_123 wrote:I've just read all of these posts today, so glad it has a happy ending! How wonderful of you to help your little pride of cats.
I have two I adopted who were semi-feral and have been with me for 8 years now. They are gorgeous and happy characters, but whenever it comes to treating them for anything their feral tendencies present themselves again! I have now started to do a little 'training' every day, like they do in sanctuaries and zoos to make health checks and treatments easier when they need it, so looking in their ears, and then giving them a little morsel of something tasty as a reward etc etc.

All the best, I think you're a star!
Hi Sunnyme..
.yes, it has been a 10+ year 'project' here...most of my babies are now virtually 'tame'... especially the 4 kittens that have been born since we moved here..I made sure we had lots of contact as soon as possible , and as much as mum would allow...several of them come into the house and 4 have regular 'sleep-overs' in our spare room !! The oldest one who I have guessed must be about 13/14 years old now is basically a house cat now..she can't see too well these days, a real little old lady, who is just happy to sleep on the kitchen chair, or the spare bed, and sometimes sits next to me when I watch TV in the lounge.. x
A couple of them that were adult when we moved here in 2005 have literally only just let me stroke them in the last couple of years or so ! ..
Luckily, Harry has always been pretty approachable, which I am so thankful for, as I dread to think what may have happened otherwise.
So it's great that you are managing to to do your training..it's just the best feeling in the worls when the trust kicks in x
Thanks so much for your kind comments..everyone here has been so suportive and wonderful..has really warmed my heart xxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I've missed this, but so glad she's perked up - well done. :)