4 CATS FROM BOSTON IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!!!

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
kamcat35
New Cat Chatter

4 CATS FROM BOSTON IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!!!

Post by kamcat35 »

Hello everyone!
That's my first time here. I'm quite desperate and need your help.
In 2006 I bought a house in Boston, Lincolnshire. Didn't realise however that the house was occupied. In fact, there were 14 cats living in the garden!!! I was first shocked, then I tried to report the problem to the Cat protection League also to RSPCA but no one was interested in the matter. I decided I must do something about it myself. I made my husband to build a shelter for them first of all. Came out really big, nice and warm. I was buying massive amounts of food for them, for my own money sterilize 10 females and in the mean time I was looking for new homes for them. It took me a long while but I eventually managed to rehome 7 of them, took 3 to live with my family but sadly didn't fully succeed as there were still 4 cats left that I didn't know what to do with. I kept on looking after them and feeding them and really got used to the thought that that's the way things will stay. The situation had changed slightly in 2013 when we had to move out from the house. We rented it out to people who were told that if they wanted to live there, they needed to take care of our garden cats. 3 of them, which we had taken under our roof, moved to a new home with us (along with a dog and 2 rabbits). From that time I'm delivering food for them once a week (big supply) and making sure our tenants feed them.
The problem we're confronting now is that we are soon selling the old house. It is now being decorated and once it's all done it'll be put on the market.
I don't even want to think and imagine what will happen with those poor cats after sale! I love them but I can't have any more pets at home. It already feels like a small zoo. My garden cats deserve a home and a carrying owner. The fact that I've not been close to them form the moment we moved houses (apart from taking food for them) made them become quite scared of people. It's not that they've gone wild but they don't trust people that much any more. I am aware that this fact may put some people off but I'm asking you, ANYONE, please give them a chance. Please HELP them! What will happen with them if the new house owners will get rid off their wooden shelter from the garden? What will they eat if the new owners decide not to feed them (it's likely this will happen; many people aren't very compassionate)? If there is anybody out there who could help with my problem or advise what could I do with the garden cats, please contact me any time. My email address is: [email protected]
PS. Forgive me please if there are many spelling mistakes in my text, I'm Polish, still polishing my English:)
GillianH
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: 4 CATS FROM BOSTON IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!!!

Post by GillianH »

In my experience the RSPCA are very "selective" about the help they provide.

There are various re-homing places in your area http://www.catchat.org/adoption/lincs.html so maybe ring round a few that are local and see if they can help.
kamcat35
New Cat Chatter

Re: 4 CATS FROM BOSTON IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!!!

Post by kamcat35 »

Thanks a lot. I will definitely try to contact them.