Re-home male grey part rag doll cat born 2007

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Brian07
New Cat Chatter

Re-home male grey part rag doll cat born 2007

Post by Brian07 »

Dear all,
I hope someone maybe able to help or advise.
Over a year ago I had to re-home my two cats due to moving into to rented property and my circumstances are still the same. unfortunately my cats ended up in two different homes and my ex male cat ended up in a new family's home and their female cat, they have had Brian for just over a year and have now informed me that with the continuing issues they have had with him and now expecting a baby they have no choice but to re-home him.
I have been told that Brian on many occasions will poo in the house but will use the litter tray for wees and will wee outside but keeps pooing in the house on the carpets and in the bath. I still feel responsible for my cat and feel it's only right I assist them in helping finding a new home for Brian.
If you know of anyone who maybe able to assist please contact me.
Thank you Karen
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Re-home male grey part rag doll cat born 2007

Post by Crewella »

It's a difficult situation. It would help to give what area you're in, and perhaps you could contact some of the rescues in your area to see if they can help:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

It might just be that he is finding it stressful where he is, and if you had no problems with his litter tray usage then he may well be fine again in another home. Good luck. :)
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Re-home male grey part rag doll cat born 2007

Post by Marla »

Have they tried multiple litter trays? Some cats like to wee and poo in different trays, sometimes in different types of cat litter.

Are they 100% sure it's poo as sometimes hairballs can look like poo.