Do you ever have one of those days....

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Do you ever have one of those days....

Post by Mrs Kane »

Okay, I love my cat, truly I do. But I think sometimes she goes out of her way to get on my last nerve.

I'm going to have a little rant and I hope that you won't think petty or little of me. But I'm going to lay out my day for you.

I get up, Sofi has vomited all over the hall and in her food bowl. She occasionally does this so I think nothing of it and clean everything up, wash out her food bowl and give her new food.

I then put the kettle on, and while I wait, sit down to check facebook and play a few games before I plan my daily classes. Then I hear a noise. Sofi has upturned her food bowl and managed to strew it all around the hall and is now playing with it. "Okay" I think. "This is one of those mornings." I clean it up and give her a little bit more food for the stuff she's damaged.

Sofi goes back to bed until around 11am. Then vomits on MY pillow and proceeds to chase the remaining vomit under the bed where I can't get it so everything needs to be removed.

I clean the bed and change the duvet sheets, clean the floor and the suitcases under the bed and give the pillow to the dry cleaners in the hope it can be salvaged (I'll know on Monday, luckily we have a cleaners 2 doors down)

I begin to plan my classes for the day and Sofi goes back to sleep. I have lunch, she wakes up and I play with her for about eh.... 20 mins until her mouse gets lost under the sofa and she's bored with her red ball.

I go to work.

I come home and immediately step in poop. That's right, she had an accident in the doorway. "Okay." I think. "Fine, she must've accidentally swallowed one of my long hairs and had a poop issue. That's fine, as long as she's okay."

So I clean that up, put away my work bag and make sure she's alright. She's back asleep on the BRAND NEW DUVET which now needs to be washed because there was still a little mess hanging from her... (I don't think she realised it was there, she's usually very vigilant about these things)

And to top it all after I gave her bum a little wash she proceeded to not only rub it along the sofa bed instead of the old towels I put on the arms of the sofa and the place she normally sits but also lept up and ripped off a piece of wallpaper off the wall. (granted it was sticking out but OMG!)

I may kill this cat. Now I need to completely disinfect the sofa, get the sheets cleaned and replace the wallpaper and possibly buy a new pillow.

Okay. I'm sure a lot of your had much worse days but I needed to get that of my chest. Feel free to call me shallow at your leisure.
Umm... Happy Easter?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Do you ever have one of those days....

Post by bobbys girl »

I am SO pleased to hear it is not just me that has days like that! :lol: :lol: Now try it with FOUR cats. :roll:

I have spent the last few days trying to clear out OH's shed. Apart from the fact that HE is the untidiest man on the planet, there was also an awful pong of cat wee. The little darlings have been having a spraying competition on a metal drawer. All I am saying is cat wee is VERY CORROSIVE. :shock:

Taking a break, I stood at the door of the shed, supping tea. Purdy strolled past and stopped to pee on a pile of timber not yet sorted. I yelled 'let me catch you doing that again and I'll stick a cork up your bum!' To which our Postman replied 'sorry mrs, I just deliver the mail'. Thus confirming once and for all, I AM a mad cat lady!

And I just won't go into what happened AM, when I was sitting on the sofa, checking my email, heard an ominous noise behind me and got out of the way just in time - Willow projectile vomiting.

Who'd be a cat mum? :D
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm really sorry, guys, but I laughed my socks off and suddenly looked at my gang with renewed love and gratitude! :P

Though yes, of course, with six cats in the house I have days like this too! :D
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

Glad it's not just me! But I share your pain Bobbys girl on the projectile vomit. Sofi has recently learned this new trick of "projecting from height". I've had to scramble my desk stuff more than once.

Aren't they just darling little angels?
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Bobbysgirl I :lol: :lol: re the postman! English humour is so good & he was very quick with his retort. Vivian
Last edited by Mayday21 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

He is Irish - they are even funnier! :D
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

You are not shallow at all, but if vomiting twice daily, a vet trip is needed!
MysticalVamp
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MysticalVamp »

Oh I've had these days... Not so bad, I'm thankful for that, but bad...

Tiger is my "problem" cat at times.

Luckily not all in one day(some overlap but not all) he's managed to:
1. Vomit everywhere(seen by vet for this, now sorted).
2. Pee over the edge of the litter tray and on the floor, where it trickled through the kitchen... Luckily it stopped not far through and I could clean it all up.
3. Poo over the edge of the litter tray and on the floor...
4. Have mad moments(or as I've been told "zoomies") throughout the flat and break multiple things- Including a large(talking 3x2ft) mirror.
5. Scratch up the sofa, bed and carpet randomly during his "zoomies".
6. Knock the geckos tubs off their rack system by jumping on them.
7. Tip the waterbowl- Literally just for fun. I stood and watched him do it.
8. Pin his "brother", Sox, to the floor or bed out of the blue.
9. Attack Sox out of the blue, just randomly start running after him.
10. Sleep on my face and I wake up to fluff in my mouth.
11. Sleep on my face and I wake up to HIM in my mouth :|
12. Sleep on my chest and then claw my mouth when I move in my sleep, causing me to wake up cursing.
13. Rip open rubbish bags- We now have to hide them in our bathroom until we can take them down to the black bin. Bathroom off limits to cats.

I think that's it... The first three all happened in one day, for about 3 days- Stomach inflammation. He was on a diet of chicken and rice for a week to settle him down again, he's been fine since.
Numbers 6 & 7 have only happened once, he has tipped the waterbowl by accident since though.
4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 are regular occurrences..... Hence hiding rubbish bags in the bathroom. It doesn't even matter if they have food in them, he likes the sound they make when he plays with them which leads to them being ripped open and rubbish everywhere. I'm getting a metal bin when we move out of this tiny place.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Purdy sometimes sleeps on OH's head. He says it makes him feel like he is wearing a Davy Crocket hat - complete with tail!
MysticalVamp
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MysticalVamp »

bobbys girl wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Purdy sometimes sleeps on OH's head. He says it makes him feel like he is wearing a Davy Crocket hat - complete with tail!
I'm not kidding it's ridiculous. For a short haired cat he's got a lot of fur!
Sometimes he sleeps around the top of my head, but sometimes he just plops himself down right on my face.

The rest of the time he sleeps on my chest or hip, depending on how I'm laid.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

OH wakes up with a hot head! Purdy also has toxic dribble. She loves to groom herself on OH's stubble. He then ends up with a rash!
rsz_011(5).jpg
rsz_011(5).jpg (80.15 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
:lol: :roll:
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Laughing my behind off here! I have regular incidences of pooh/pee being done over the side of the box too..... Or half in-half out usually. "Zoomies" must be the UK term for the Irish "Skitter witters". Someone vomited a heap of grassy liquid on my stairs this morning, and Dr. Livingston, aka. the bold Tabby, woke me up by rolling on my head this morning. Another tabby ðecided to chomp on my hand repeatedly for cuddles as I was trying to get to sleep last night. Cats are brats, basically! But sure isn't that why we love them so much???
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

The toxic dribble is really cracking me up!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

OH coined the phrase 'zoomies'. Never heard skitter witter in these parts. But then there are few people around here as potty as we are when it comes to cats - or should that just be potty? :?