My cat seems a bit lost without Tezzy.....

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Kris35
VIP Cat Chatter!

My cat seems a bit lost without Tezzy.....

Post by Kris35 »

My current old girl Oody never had much time forTezzy (now passed over), but since Tez has gone, Oody has been very needy with me and seems down. I am taking her for bloods next week to make sure all is ok with her.....but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and if so, how long did it take for their cats to be ok again?

Thanks.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat seems a bit lost without Tezzy.....

Post by alanc »

My Tilly was also rather lost and dejected when Badger died of cancer last year. I don't know how much this was due to my dejection, her traumatic experiences during the affair (she had to go and give Badger blood for his operation) or not having her big softy champion around. It took her 2 - 3 months to get back to her usual cheerful self (the mice have not appreciated this return to form). She is still considerably more friendly and much more of a home loving cat than she used to be.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Kris35 my Mayday used to go looking for Crystal my Himalayan Siamese who was an abused cat & lived with me for 19yrs. Mayday arrived 1 yr after Crystal & although not close obviously had some emotional bond. When I told my vet about Mayday looking for Crystal he said natural as Crystal was a constant in Mayday's life. Mayday was a kitten & Crystal around 18 mths to 2 years. Let us know about bloods. Sure things will be okay & probably fretting. They like us know when things have gone topsey Turvey. Vivian
Kris35
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kris35 »

Thankyou Alanc and Mayday21. My cat is a lot better in herself. Am giving her loads of attention and things to do. Our cats are so lucky to have/had us.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Kris35 glad Oody feeling better. Keep,us posted & fusses to Ooldy. Vivian
Tina
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Tina »

when my mum passed away my cat was completely lost she'd sit mew at door if anyone came in search for her and wail, it was heart breaking I think this contributed to my cats eventual passing. My neighbours cat has been mewing for my cat, he is a big maine coon and my cat
was a little afraid of him but they would chatter from a distance or rub noses once as they passed or mew to each other in passing on the stairs. he now has been doing the wailing thing, rubbing his head on my leg wrapping self round me if I leave the home and wanting a belly rub, or pat on the head. I dont mind he's very fluffy and pretty. Guess he misses her too.
my cats now passed, id love another one in time. yes I think they do grieve, I surrounded my at with familiar items from my mum and she loved a fleece blanket, one of the huge fluffy ones you can get them at yes the dreaded name ( primark) cough! I dont shop there but, the fleece blankets kept her warm. I also surrounded her with lots of teddies lots of cuddles and those weebox pt treats helped. kept her distracted lots of playtime lots of talking to her. my cat loved music, so id leave radio on if out on low for her if she stayed in she was mostly indoor as of age she was grumpy when out in her last year, I always made sure she was included in what I did and that helped her a lot. I sung to her too, my mum use to as she liked music, my mums singing.
lots of new toys and such. those weebox licki lix treats are a winner, my cat went crazy over those but I gave her no dreamies treats.