vaginal discharge from my female cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
marcie99
New Cat Chatter

vaginal discharge from my female cat

Post by marcie99 »

hello!

This morning, i went to bathe my adult female cat she's around 3 years old, unspayed. She went frantic as usual bc she hates water but then she starts jumping up the bathroom door really frantically and it scared me. i was soo scared she would get hurt!! after drying her off, i released her but she wont stop meowing afterwards. An hour later, my sister told me that she saw some yellowish discharge coming out of my female cat's vagina. i wiped it with tissue but a few hours later it happened again & she is constantly meowing. im so worried bc i've been googling & people talk about ovarian cancer and etc etc!! the other time this had happened was a few days after she gave birth to her kittens last year, which i presume was normal. This has not happen ever since then. help!! :cry:
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: vaginal discharge from my female cat

Post by MarkB »

You really need to speak to a vet. Some infections like Pyometra can be fatal - I don't want to scare you, but it sounds like antibiotics will be needed.

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-he ... n-cats/330
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

As Mark says, I would get her checked out by the vet. I hope she's OK.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Vet ASAP and if she responds well to antibiotics I would book her in to be spayed (I'm thinking she isn't) as this could be a very unpleasant infection for your girl and these things are much less likely if females are spayed.

As others have said, hope she's okay.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I hope you've spoken to a vet by now, as pyometra can be fatal