How can I delete this post please ?

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

How can I delete this post please ?

Post by Memememe »

Hi guys I've posted on here a few months ago having adopted a rescue cat after my lovely cat passed away. I am struggling again to bond with Amy who been with me now since February I am under a lot of stress as a family member has cancer and Amy still had the dreaded fleas having spent hundreds of pounds for sprays bombs and deflea products for her and I'm at the end of my tether I'm not sleeping and getting bitten constantly my home doesn't feel like a home anymore. Is it unfair to try and rehome her? She was in the rescue centre for over 9 months and unsure of the history before that she still won't let me pick her up or go near her and she's due another vets appt soon can't cope with being scratched to the point where there is blood everywhere again. Just think she might be better off with someone who has come across a difficult cat I know it's only fleas bit my two that passed away was indoor cats never had fleas and I just cannot cope with the stress or keep paying so much when nothing is working. I'm in West Yorkshire
Last edited by Memememe on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Need advice

Post by Janey »

Hi, I’ve just re-read your other threads and I gave some advice on rehoming there in case you decided to go ahead, it may be a good idea to follow that if nothing is working for you. It’s a shame but if you keep feeling this way it may be time to sort it. It’s strange about the fleas though, they should be gone if you’ve followed all the instructions from your vet.
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Memememe »

I have done everything the vet suggested they did say as her bed that she came with was infested it may take 3-6 months they was in the same situation when they adopted. Thanks for your reply ill have a look at the previous post
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Memememe »

Hi everyone just thought I would do a quick post in the end I decided to keep Amy I realised I am starting to love her and just can't bring myself to give her away. Hopefully now my depression is under control and think Amy has helped with this
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Thank you

Post by Lilith »

Oh that's good to hear - you've both been through a bad time and I hope that things continue to improve now. Always good to hear of a happy ending and wishing you both the very best for many happy years together x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I am really pleased to hear that you are starting to bond with Amy. I hope the relationship develops into something really positive for you. xx
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Memememe »

Thank you I am so happy now think I got Amy too soon after Suzie died but realise now Suzie would have wanted me to give another cat a home the fleas still haven't gone but the situation is getting better I know things will take time but heading in the right direction. Thank again for listening and all your advice x
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Memememe »

Ps Amy is the little lady in the picture x
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (12.62 KiB) Viewed 4446 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (13.12 KiB) Viewed 4446 times
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Appreciate all your help

Post by Crewella »

Oh such a pretty girl! :)
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: Appreciate all your help

Post by Memememe »

Thanks Crewella x
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: advice

Post by Memememe »

Hi everyone hope your all well just wanted some advice what you use for spot on please and what's the best out there x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Help please

Post by Crewella »

The rescue I foster for has started to use Broadline, which also treats for worms, so I have started to do the same. I don't love the stuff as there seems to be more of it than there is in most spot-ons and I find it a bit messy, but it does seem to work well and also does save a bit of money as you don't have to treat for worms separately. That's particularly important for me as most of my gang hunt and eat their prey.
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Memememe »

Thank you ill give that a try bless her just want her to be happy. Amy has really thick hair I thought I was doing it right even though I can only see a very small amount of skin when putting on the drops the vet said it can sometimes take months but didn't realise it would still be a problem x
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

I use Broadline as well. Find it easier to administer than Frontline. Not having to pill Tilly for worms (she is also an avid hunter) is a huge plus!
Galyna Chekan
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Galyna Chekan »

Your cat looks adorable:)

If you still can not destroy fleas, the source can be different than you think. Maybe your cat has nothing to do with these insects and Amy is a victim, not the sourse. Try to call special service which kills parasites. Hope you solve the problem soon. Wish you luck!
Memememe
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Memememe »

Thank you for all your responses I'll give that a try first I have used loads of household sprays and bombs I thought she was all clear and she's scratching more again but won't let me comb her to see if there is anything on her part from seeing dirt. The nurse at the vets said she had the same situation with taking home a basket from the rescue centre to try and make her settle and with that being so riddled it takes longer. I was getting so stressed out again just need to think it will get resolved eventually just takes time. Thanks again