My cat is about 11 and I need to rehome him because he bites

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
jenni64
New Cat Chatter

My cat is about 11 and I need to rehome him because he bites

Post by jenni64 »

I need to rehome my cat quickly as he is viscious .He has done serious damage in the past.I am concerned he will bite someone again.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat is about 11 and I need to rehome him because he b

Post by JulieandBarney »

Could you expand on that please ? ...My Barney bites and kicks, it's normal play in cats, but unless he were the size of a lion, I would no more think of "rehoming" him than flying to the moon, plus this poor cat is not young, I feel so sorry for him, what on earth has he done so terribly for you to consider this ? .......it would be unbelievably cruel....... How long have you had this poor cat ? No doubt others will offer more advice, :evil: but sorry to say, I can not believe I am reading this..............
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Is he in pain stall? He could be responding in this way due to this? Is he neutered? Some unneutered cats can be a bit more bitey. More details will be helpful...

bex
moira
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 16

Post by moira »

Very concerned about this poor old boy. You say he has done 'serious damage in the past', so this is not a new thing. What has triggered his eviction at this specific point in time? I think there is more to this. If he is biting it could be because he is in pain. Have you taken him to a vet to rule out physical problems? It may be that he has been abused in the past (not suggesting by you) and wont tolerate fussing. Could be a change in his environment (new pet/baby) and he is feeling unsettled, although less likely if this has been an ongoing issue. I have an old very aggressive cat that has been with me for six months. Even the vet can't handle him for check up. I just leave him alone and the other cats give him a wide birth and there is no biting or fighting. Cats live with you on their terms.
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Any updates? x
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

You might try reading about why cats bite or show aggression before getting rid of the poor little thing. Try this...

http://www.catchat.org/cat_aggression.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;