How to Handle the loss please?

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: How to Handle the loss please?

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

[quote="Tina"]yes a new cat can be a plaster but it can also be a blessing in disguise. I bet hed soon say I like it its cute you cant help it personality shines through. maybe one day.

I had to smile at that Tina. :) My hubby is a hard working, wonderfully kind man BUT a typically dour Scot. He has never, to my knowledge, used the expression 'it's cute' about anything be it animal, mineral or vegetable. Sadly,there definitely won't ever be a 'maybe one day'.Time to move on.

Issi
Last edited by issiandarchie+68 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tina
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Tina »

Shaz I understand I have a blanket Christmas fleece I had my last hug with her on and I wont. Clean it. Its pretty clean anyhow just feel its like security blanket. She would insist I snuggled on sofa with fleece over me it was comfy for her age. Vets I went back to for closure needed answers it'd helping vet said stop blaming self suffering would be wrong she was very Sick and said she made the call not me. It was out of my hands. I'm using tablet screen I'm not good on this screen.

Aww poor payday glad you saved them!! Face in bread after all. Makes me smile. I have pics Halloween neighbors child took my cat with her trick treating... dressed my cat up in a pumpkin cat coat..lol. The pictures make me laugh she pretty Much cat napped her a lot.cat looked pretty grumpy in it.like oh meow God why Me.
Tina
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Tina »

Pics of the monster Christmas 2016
Asleep stopping me gaming
Catnip birthday fun look at the eyed like flying saucers. :lol:
Sings David Bowie line hello spaceman...its confusing their days. :?
Attachments
phpVCHc1OPM.jpg
phpVCHc1OPM.jpg (36.33 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
php3zdEDDPM.jpg
php3zdEDDPM.jpg (37.3 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
phpAiVsFDPM.jpg
phpAiVsFDPM.jpg (21.97 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by shazxx50 »

Hi all, hows things? How are you doing Tina? Lovely day here in Bedfordshire, makes me kinda sad because Miley would sit on the patio with me but i know she will be running free. Hopefully i will be getting a furbaby beginning of oct, main coon and ragdoll x mummy is due end of july.... so im very excited, i do feel guilty thou, i hope Miley understands xx
20160128_173611(1).jpg
My Miley
(242.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

HI Shaz, lovely weather? Not here in Glasgow. We got a few days really hot, humid weather but yesterday.. horizontal rain. As you know, we were going to relocate to Spain but Brexit put paid to that :( . Anyhoo, back to Plan B. We have decided to downsize to a modern flat next year, we live in a large Victorian tenement flat but now there is just the two of us and Gandhi,it's too big. I was doing OK on Saturday but then my poor hubby made a silly joke and out of nowhere, the tears flowed. Silly me. He said if it would make me happy, once beloved Gandhi has gone,(Note to Heavens committee, settle down, this is not an invitation to take him) we would have a month's holiday in the sun and then adopt 2 elderly cats. Elderly because of our own advancing years and because I've seen how they are frequently ignored in favour of younger, more agile felines. My heart leapt but on thinking about it overnight, I know I won't. He doesn't really want to, although he would go all out to give any cat a wonderful life but could I face going through this heartache again? Incidentally, this little tale is my hubby to a T. One afternoon, he was slicing a cold, cooked beef brisket joint for a salad. Little Armand, as usual, meerkats up his leg, gimmee.. gimmee. Do you want some beef Wee Geezer?, says hubby. Yip yip.. responds Armand. Whereupon he cuts a choice piece from the middle of the joint, tests it for tenderness, cuts it into manageable chunks and placing it in a wedding china bowl, gives it to a very appreciative little black cat. Just one slice for me says I, thin cut, no fat. Shove off..do you think I'm your blooming butler, you will get what you are given, says hubby.. and plonks a very thick slice of fatty edged, badly cut meat on my plate. Oh yes, I know my place when there are cats in this home. :).
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Mmm, that does sound very familiar. :roll: :lol:
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by shazxx50 »

As Miley was so fussy, only treats she got was slice of ham, and at times turned her nose up at that, if we had fish and chips, she would sometimes look up at my other half as if to say please daddy can i have some..... his answer.... sod off i dont eat your food, you aint having mine..... id always give her a bit of mine... spoilt i know.... but that what we do as we love them xx :D