Nighttime panic!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Nighttime panic!

Post by Crewella »

Thank heavens I heard it - last night just after it got dark (and before I called the cats in for the night) I suddenly heard a horn blaring out on the road.

It's a busy road, but rural with only one other house nearby and nobody ever passing by except the traffic on the very busy road, which is very narrow with a wall on either side. I rarely hear a horn blaring, so I went out to investigate - thank the Lord I did! I got there just in time to stop a big van that had picked up poor Paddy in it's headlights - he was in the middle of the road and obviously in a panic, couldn't get over the wall and was just runnng in circles, scared and confused. Unfortunately, seeing us seemed to confuse him even more, and by the time OH had managed to shepherd him back down the road to the gate there were several vehicles, all beeping and shouting at the hold-up. They got a few choice words before I thanked them and let them go! ;)

Frit the life out of me and OH, and out of poor Paddy, who spent the rest of the evening on his dad's lap. Hopefully he won't do that again! I can't understand it - he rarely even goes that far down the garden, let alone through the gate, but we're redoubling the mesh on the lower areas of the fence and gate, just to make sure.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Nighttime panic!

Post by MarkB »

They say cats reduce stress - THEY obviously aren't cat owners :lol:

Glad all was well in the end x
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

Blimey, just as well you got out there. Glad he's ok.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Phew! Heart in mouth time. :shock: Glad it worked out well in the end. It may be for the best.

When Willow was little she got through the fence onto our road (single track, very rural few cars but they treat it like Brands Hatch) I managed to get out behind her and gave her the shock of her life, shouting and stamping and waving my arms. She shot back in the garden and has never been near the road since. Wish I could say the same for the others. :roll:
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Only posting this as I posted the link elsewhere last night. I had the raised ground floor flat on the corner. There was a little
walled garden Not long after I adopted Kylie, I went out the back and heard her crying. I realised that she had jumped over the wall. It is a really busy road. She was frozen on the spot I grabbed her and took her in. As far as I know, she never went over the wall again :lol: http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/str ... nsor=false
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Thanks guys. As you can imagine, I was very pleased to see him when he came in tonight! :)

By the way, that link wouldn't work for me, Mark.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Omg poor Paddy! Thank heavens that van driver stopped, even though his intervention wasn't the most cat-friendly. As for the rest of them, well ... :evil:

Give the old chap a fuss from me and tell him to stay safe in future! :)
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Crewella wrote:
By the way, that link wouldn't work for me, Mark.
Sorry Helen. You didn't miss much :) - I only posted the link as I had posted it elsewhere. I'm just glad that she froze on the pavement.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Absolutely - cats definitely need their 9 lives! :roll:

Thankfully, Paddy seems to have learned his lesson (touch wood).
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Phew Crewella - Poor Paddy.