Panacur granules 1.8g sachet - kitten dosage

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Gothgranny
Frequent Cat Chatter

Panacur granules 1.8g sachet - kitten dosage

Post by Gothgranny »

Hi, I'm fostering a small kitten - about 800g in weight. She's not gaining enough weight at the mo so I think she's got worms. I only have Panacur granules in the house, can I use this on her food and if so, how much should I use? Thanks
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Panacur granules 1.8g sachet - kitten dosage

Post by Kay »

she's too light for the granules, which should only be given to cats/kittens over 2kilos

you need the liquid Panacur, which can be administered in smaller doses
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Given the size of the kitten I'd contact the rescue you're fostering for and ask them to ask their vet for something?
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

I agree, the rescue should supply those stuff, if you are fostering for a rescue that is. If not just give the vet a ring and they will tell you. When I fostered they gave me all the stuff I needed and instructions.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Yep, the rescue should really have armed you with all the info on worming! Parazole liquid is commonly used on tiny kittens and puppies as it is safe and easy to administer. It's given over three days, in smaller amounts than for an adult cat, for safety reasons. The granules you have really aren't suitable. Kittens should be wormed every two weeks, so the rescue should supply you with enough and a syringe to dose it.
If the rescue don't supply it, it might be a good idea to just buy a bottle, as you will need it! Vets will stock it, and some pet shops also. It's in a white bottle and made by Foran animal health. Follow the instructions supplied and it does the job really well.
Also.... Well done for fostering a little one!