Help..advice

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lingiz
New Cat Chatter

Help..advice

Post by Lingiz »

Hi there, my lovely Maine Coon cat has been in the cattery for almost three weeks and came home 5 days ago. My husband wants to go and see his sister who lives miles away in a weeks time. It's her birthday. What do you think would be least traumatic for my cat...going back in the cattery for just one night or leaving her at home alone but with food on a timer for about 24 hrs. We would leave lunchtime then get back lunchtime following day.
Thanks
Lindaxxx
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Help..advice

Post by Kay »

As long as she doesn't 't need any medication I can't see anything wrong in leaving her home alone for 24 hours
OHWS
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by OHWS »

Last edited by OHWS on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nikki C
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Nikki C »

I leave my George for 24 hours over night and he's always been grand, no trouble and lots of cuddles when I get home!
Just leave plenty of food and water out.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I don't like to do it, but I've always preferred to leave them for 24 hours rather than have the upheavel of a cattery ..... but my lot aren't used to being away from home so it's much more stressful for them than a cat like yours that is used to a cattery. It really is down to the individual cat, and you know him best. :)
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

I hate leaving my cats hence not having a holiday for years and years and years!! but realise we need a holiday too so last year left my cat for 24 hours with a feeder etc and she was fine, but used a cattery for a few days.