Cn any one help a vet nurse

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
shakirafree
New Cat Chatter

Cn any one help a vet nurse

Post by shakirafree »

Hi, I am a vet nurse and have had to leave london as an emergency and have been pretty much left homeless. I have an adorable elderly cat whom I care dearly for. He is around 15years old with a few medical problems which he gets treatment for. I am having to stay at my mothers for a few months in Hampshire however my mum has a dog which would be intent on killing my cat if I took him there. I am in desperate need for someone to foster him for 3-5 months. I would pay well, provide everything he needed etc.
Ideally someone in Hampshire if possible so that I can bring everything and stay near ideally.
I have tried everything and I would not feel happy just having him live in a veterinary hospital as would be unfair, as he craves human affection which is what makes him truely happy.
Please let me know of any contacts or help.
Thanks,
Shakirafree :(
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Re: Cn any one help a vet nurse

Post by Lyn from Australia »

If money isn't a huge issue, how about checking out catteries near where you'll be living? Most good ones have indoor/outdoor accommodation and you'd be able to visit your puss as often as you like I would imagine, plus in a reputable cattery the owners/staff would usually play with the cats and spend time with them. I would imagine that you'd be able to negotiate a more economical rate too, seeing as they would know they'd have money coming in for such a long period of time.

Good on you for wanting to look after your old boy and not just chucking him out like so many people do. :D :D Please keep in touch to let us know what you end up doing for him.

What's his name?
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cn any one help a vet nurse

Post by hgale »

I'm really sorry that I can't help, as I live in Devon which is too far away, but please give your lovely old boy a big snuggle from me.

I hope you can find a solution to your problem, and best of luck, please let us know how you get on.