Please help me keep my cat

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarianneT
New Cat Chatter

Please help me keep my cat

Post by MarianneT »

Hello everyone,

I am here in the hope someone can help or advise me.

I am breaking up with my boyfriend of 9 years and I am having to find a new home for me and my cat Ollie in 2 months - we hand the flat back in the beginning of May. I am so scared I might not be able to find a suitable home share in this time and that I will have to give Ollie up for adoption.

The cost of a 1 bedroom flat in London make this an impossible option, so I am concentrating on finding someone who wants to buddy up in a house or finding a house with a big room for us and outside access for Ollie.

Can anyone give me any tips? Have you been through something similar in the past?

I don't want to send Ollie for adoption, he had a rough start in life before me, and he would suffer greatly if he were to be rehomed.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Marianne
Didi
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Please help me keep my cat

Post by Didi »

Is there anyone in your family who could look after him for you ? A similar thing happened to my daughter which is how I ended up with Bilbo living here
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Judy Barnett »

Yes, we've fostered family pets before, isn't there someone who would keep him until you get settled?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

If you're considering renting you could also try Letswithpets - they have a very helpful website for landlords that will accept pets.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

agree with the Letswithpets. Also when looking around make sure the agent gets a yes or no from the landlord. Very often it's the agency that have a no-pets rule

As a matter of interest, whereabouts in London are you looking and have you thought about looking further out a bit? I work in London but live close to Woking where rents are so much more affordable. The commute isn't too bad at all and well worth the extra space you get
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Marla »