Incoming ....... Buzz

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Incoming ....... Buzz

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Crewella so sorry to see Buzz is back with you & agree a tad over a week isn't nearly enough time. I tried for 3 months with Jezebel but when she started to lose weight. Posted previously she's found a nice home as an only cat. On the other hand if they don't have the commitment best he's back with you. Praying he catches a really nice person's eye & is settled by Xmas - that'd be a great pressure. Lots of ear rubs for Buzz from me. Vivian
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Awww poor lad such a shame it didn't work out and he's back in rescue :( I'm with your hubby and think you should keep him ;) :) he looks gorgeous. I know you usually take in the oldies but 7 isn't that young. I've only adopted older cats since my first two, but we had a cute little waif of 5 come to us a couple of years ago, she kept escaping her other home and coming to us as she was unhappy there for various reasons. I had her up for adoption as apart from being much younger than I would adopt, I've looked after ferals for years and she tends to chase them away! but the only homes had no garden or were close to a road, so she's decided she's staying now, my hubby convinced me she was meant to be and I couldn't say no :roll: she has just half day out to give my ferals peace! and I am hoping we can introduce her to an older cat shortly.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Thanks guys. He originally went back to the main cattery because I was working on the evenings that they wanted to bring him back, but I've taken it as a sign that he should be there and the right owner will come along and find him. All paws crossed for him, he's a sweetheart and deserves a person of his own. xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

You will let us know when he gets a new home? I hope it is very soon.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Incoming...Buzz not Blackie

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Crewella yes it was Buzz sorry. He popped into my head yesterday. :o Vivian
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Sadly no good news as yet, I will update I promise.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I've not been on here recently, I was busy, then I was away over Christmas, then things were still busy and I kept thinking I'd wait until I had a bit of time so I could catch up when I came back on here ....... which of course never happened! But Buzz has finally found his forever home, so I thought I should come on to report the good news! :D

He went last weekend to a house with a dog but no other cats, and we've just had an update to say he seems to be settling in well, so that's wonderful. Apparently, the dog (a Labrador) was really missing their old cat that had passed away, and Buzz hissed at him when he first approached ...... so the dog went off to his basket, found his tennis ball and brought it back over to Buzz and dropped it at his feet!! Bless him!

They're not best friends yet, but after one week Buzz is happy sitting on the sofa whilst the dog is on the room, and he's a confident cat - now he's proved he's boss I'm pretty sure they'll be fine. The family love him and he's discovered laps again already! :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

:D

That's great to hear - congrats all round - especially to the Labrador! :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

That's really good news Helen. I'm pleased to hear that he seems happy in his new home. BTW welcome back, we missed you!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Thanks guys, I was really chuffed, as he'd been waiting for quite a while. :)
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Helen that's great news especially after the first didn't last long. So pleased for Buzz & nice his furrever peeps gave you an update. I can just imagine the look he gave the lab ... :shock: "What ... " Vivian
Last edited by Mayday21 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

Lovely to hear a happy update about Buzz, Helen. Fingers crossed he has found his forever home, it sounds like his canine companion is a sweetie. It must be tough on animals when they lose a companion and don't understand why. We've just adopted a new cat as we lost our lovely Lady P at the start of the year and Hops has really been missing her, he's not 'only' cat material. He fell in love with his new lady friend within hours of meeting her, and they have been hanging out together ever since. It's really sweet to see, as he and Pip used to do the same, but more latterly she found his energy and desire to play chase all a bit much, and tended to keep her distance.

How are your furry clan? Especially the lovely Daz, I often think about him x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Hi Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear abour Lady P - I feel like I knew her personally. I know you took great care of her. xx

I'm glad Hops has a lady friend, though, I know how much Daz loved it when Peaches came to live with us. Daz and the gang are doing well, thanks. :)