Comet

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Comet

Post by KittyWitty »

He went in at 8.30 for a check-up with the nurse at first, they checked his weight etc first and my boy has put on nearly a whole 1kg since his last check-up! He is now 2.4kg :lol: :D and since he was the first of the day for his castration he was done straight away.

I just got a phone call from my vets, Comet is out of surgery and is now recovering - he is even sitting up for them! So happy that he is OK, I felt awful leaving him :(

Picking him up at 2pm, it really can't come quick enough - the house feels awful quiet and lonely without him!

Becci
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Comet

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

We're all thinking of you and your little boy, Becci! What a big boy he is already! He must be a good healthy lad and benefitting from your love and nurturing. What a lucky little girl is coming to join his happy home soon too. Enjoy cuddles with Comet when he gets home. X
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hi Becci. It will be a long wait for you. The house just doesn't seem the same without them does it? Comet sounds like he's coped really well. Didn't expect him to be sitting up already!! How very sweet. He is a big boy now :) He will enjoy being cuddled later when he's home. He's probably having a good long sleep right now while he waits for you. He'll be fine.

Give him a gentle fuss from me.

Carol
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

It really is a long wait for me, and it is definitely too quiet!

I've been tidying up but there is only so much you can do without wanting to through yourself out a window lol.

He has gotten so muscle-y in the past month and grew a lot, sometimes I catch myself thinking is this the same wee cat? haha they grow so quickly!
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Not long now, Becci!
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

well the prince is home and he is going MENTAL! Mega hyper :lol: :lol: oh well, here was me expecting and looking forward to a day and night full of hugs but nope :lol: :lol:

Every so often his is licking his genital area - should I be worried about the licking? Or is it normal?
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

The licking is normal, I think. Mr Socks was licking, but I don't think he actually understood what had happened!

So glad your lovely boy is home. He is definitely an unstoppable Comet!! Happy days! xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Glad he's home safe. The anaesthetic can have strange affects at times. When Fluffy has had one she often runs about the place bumping into things and falling over. Very stressful to watch over them when they are like this. I don't envy you. Maybe Comet will calm down a bit later and want cuddles then :)
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

He really is!!! He appears to have calmed down a bit Carol - I hope he will calm down alot more, worried that he'll hurt himself!

I'm sure he'll be updating all his friends soon :)
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

You have my sympathies. They are so hard to control when they have the desire to launch themselves at everything and from everything :lol:

Let's hope he continues to calm down. Otherwise you'll be needing a large glass of wine to calm your nerves :)

When you catch him, please give him big kiss from Auntie Carol xx
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Hi.

Glad to hear he's ok and he's home already.

Tuna for tea?

Give him a big hug from his Auntie Shelly and a gentle headbutt from Dora x
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Shelly - no tuna, they said a plain meal so they have gave home a tin of Purina Veterinary Diets EN St/Ox but all he has done with it is dig in the bowl and throw it around the floor so he has all but actually told me that he won't eat it :lol: :lol: :lol: looks like the rest is going in the bin!
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

No matter how many times I have gone through the seperation woes of this day, it never gets easier.
2:00 can't get here soon enough for you. He is sleeping and is dreaming being there with you.
Hang in there.
Jill.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

So glad the boy is home and in fine spirits! Ha ha, they know when they're being served some dodgy bland nonsense. I have a good mental picture of it going over the floor. He will be tired tonight and hopefully sleep through the night with you. But having said that, when Edgar had his teeth out in March he was up and about most of the night as if nothing had happened. LOL.
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

Please give Comet a big fuss from me and tell him he's a big, brave boy!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Glad he's home and OK. Give him a fuss from me and my crew. xx
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Thanks guys for all the well wishes!

He did sleep well and has been using litter tray etc, unfortunately I had to go to work today so he was by himself most of the day but seems fine since I got home - VERY vocal though, I mean he was always a vocal boy but now he is even more vocal. Any ideas why this may be? He doesn't appear to be in pain - running around and jumping etc as normal.

Becci
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Glad he is doing so well. Don't worry about him being vocal. He just wants his mummy to reassure him and give him extra loves and cuddles. When Fluffy has had an anaesthetic she is very clingy and vocal. Also with you being out today he will be telling you all about what he's been doing and how he's missed you. He's had no one to talk to and now he's making up for it. There's a lot to talk about when you've had an op like his. He is a big boy now :) Give him a big cuddle and kiss from me xx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Carol, what's the matter with me?! Your post has just made me cry, it's so touching.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Awwwww Sarah :)

Go and sit on the sofa and let Pepz get on your lap. She will make you feel better xx

p.s. you know you have nothing else to do!
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Oh he definitely had a lot of stories for me! He will be happy to know that I am off ill the rest of the week, think going into work yesterday was a strain since I was still ill as I have woke up with conjunctivitis along with my throat infection getting worse again! Off to the human YKW I go! :roll:

Becci
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Becci, Comet will be delighted and I'm sure he'll be sure it's for his benefit alone! Sorry you're poorly. Cuddle time is definitely in order and hope you feel better soon. Hugs and headbutts all round from us.