St Albans Hertfordshire - Outdoor / Indoor Older Cat Welcomed

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
ymi7
New Cat Chatter

St Albans Hertfordshire - Outdoor / Indoor Older Cat Welcomed

Post by ymi7 »

Hello,

We are family of 4 with older children. One of us is always at home so the cat will not get bored. We have ample size back-garden and live on quiet road.

We would love to welcome 1 x older cat with calm temperament who enjoy cuddles and roaming around. Ideally outdoor litter trained (or toilet trained as wishful thinking!).
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: St Albans Hertfordshire - Outdoor / Indoor Older Cat Welcomed

Post by Lilith »

Hi there and welcome. :)

Well, the world is your oyster regarding a cat needing a home like yours -

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-r ... uk-ireland

Hope you and your forever feline find each other soon :)
ymi7
New Cat Chatter

Post by ymi7 »

Hi Lilith,

Thanks for the link which we have viewed many times and contacted some of the shelter for more info as well.

But would be great if anyone can let us know about Puss Pension Scheme?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi, never heard of the Puss Pension scheme, but found this, if you haven't seen it -

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/adopt ... -adult-cat

However, the info regarding the Cinnamon Trust might be out of date; last time I heard, they don't deal with cats any more. I may be wrong - hope I am.

It's always a lottery, taking on a cat of whatever age. A young kitten, carefully bred and reared, may be suddenly seriously ill - or, conversely, a neglected cat coming in off the street may not cost you a penny at the vet apart from neutering/vaccinations all its life. I have a 15 year old who, apart from a minor problem years ago, hasn't needed the vet until recently, when 2 separate problems cost me about £1000 in all - but then, how much would insurance have charged over 15 years? It's just one of those swings and roundabouts situations that you need to be prepared for - and I feel they're worth it. For the pleasure of their company :D
polomint
New Cat Chatter

Post by polomint »

Dear ymi7......
Ive just joined the cat chat forum and have seen your post offering a home for an older cat with a calm temperament who enjoys roaming around.

I was wondering if you are still looking to give a calm older cat a new home?, as I am looking for a suitable new home with outdoor space for roaming around and have a lovely warm friendly cat "Martin" who is a Tabby.

I look forward to hearing from you and can be contacted here or via my email address which I think is viewable on my details

Best Regards

O
sparks96
New Cat Chatter

Post by sparks96 »

I have found a male cat that needs rehoming he fits all your needs and is neutered. he is a white cat with black markings and is very friendly. However he does not get on with other cats
Simplysi8
New Cat Chatter

Post by Simplysi8 »

Hello there,
I have just seen this post at the top and thought very recent as new here but now see the date- are you still cat free?
Simon
ymi7
New Cat Chatter

Post by ymi7 »

Hello, we are cat-free and looking...
juliemfc
New Cat Chatter

Post by juliemfc »

Hi I am in desperate need of a home for my son's lovely cat. She is a long haired tabby approximately 13yrs old very affectionate.

The reason we are rehoming her is that she is absolutely petrified of my young grandchildren which stressed her to the point of being too scared to come downstairs and ended up messing.

This never happened when I had her. My son now refuses to let her in the house but is feeding her etc

My son is now getting hassle off the neighbours as she is going into their houses uninvited!

I have one week to rehome her otherwise they will have her put down. This would break my heart. So if you are still looking I could bring her to you anytime x
Madhu
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Madhu »

Hi, I have two abandoned brothers up for adoption. They sleep in the shed and I make it as warm as possible. Both outdoor litter trained. But both really want to come indoors. However I have my own cat. Please contact me. I am in Harrow 07394441160.