Silver spotted cat missing Cheadle Hulme/Bramhall

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Claire_B
Returning Cat Chatter

Silver spotted cat missing Cheadle Hulme/Bramhall

Post by Claire_B »

Hi all

Our male silver spotted Bengal cross has been missing since the early hours of Thursday 13th April. We live on Larchway in Bramhall, on the estate behind the Governors pub that can be accessed off Ravenoak Rd, Ack Lane West and East.

He is called Sequoia (pronounced sek-oi-a) and does respond to his name. He was quite stocky (BSH cross) but may have lost a lot of weight with being missing for so long. He is quite bold and not timid, although again may be now after a week away from home. He has green eyes, big paws and a small scar above his right eye.

We would obviously massively appreciate it if people could keep an eye out and let me know of any sightings. My tel number is 07493 984 677 but I cannot answer my phone in working hours, email is [email protected]

Thank you in advance!!
Claire_B
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Silver spotted cat missing Cheadle Hulme/Bramhall

Post by Claire_B »

Sorry, should have also said he is 7.5 years old, is microchipped and neutered, and was wearing a collar but is pretty good at slipping out of them!

Thanks again!
jvj.jpg
jvj.jpg (20.09 KiB) Viewed 4979 times
jvj.jpg
jvj.jpg
Attachments
vv.jpg
jvj.jpg
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Post by Cat-FAQ »

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found page, the information there may help:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found
Claire_B
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Claire_B »

Thank you! xx
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Samis Mummy »

Beautiful cat...any news?

Try leafleting and keep asking neighbours...he could be in a shed or garage...really hope he is found,,put a leaflet in the pub...Jane x
Claire_B
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Claire_B »

Ha, didn't think of the pub. Brilliant idea! We've done about 300 posters through doors and on lampposts, so fingers crossed someone will spot him! Thank you x x
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

Claire_B wrote:Ha, didn't think of the pub. Brilliant idea! We've done about 300 posters through doors and on lampposts, so fingers crossed someone will spot him! Thank you x x
You're very welcome...we live in a small village and anyone that comes in ends up in the pub, so that was a first place...well done on the leaflets..try local shops, petrol stations, farm shops, shops, keep on believing ,,,Sami was missing for three weeks...someone saw him out the pub window trying to get home, aparently the noise he made when he saw our house was really loud...I don't want to scare you, but I never thought I'd see Sami again, he turned up with two broken back legs (possibly hit by a car on the main road) had the left one amputated but he's doing well, and I'll take him out on a harness soon..,so whatever the outcome, I really hope you find your puss ...I wish I could help more. Just keep believing...you can look at my post, for the full story if you want,

Best wishes xxx
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

Also try looking around with a torch in the dark to see his eyes. because if your puss is hurt...he will not even make a noise for you. That's what I think happened with Sami as the pub is like 100 yards away..
Claire_B
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Claire_B »

Oh that's such a sad story, I am so glad you got Sami back, poor little guy. Yes we're prepared for him not to be in a good way potentially, we've had a lot of foxes in the garden recently and some badgers sighted on the estate too so do wonder if he's either been chased off and hence got lost and got into a scuffle. Cats are known for crawling under bushes and keeping quiet, I've been trying to look under hedges etc, our area is so leafy and beautiful but makes for hard hunting! Like you say, the more people that can see a poster the more chance of a sighting so we'll get some more out tomorrow. Thank you for for your encouragement and sharing Sami's story, he's very lucky x x
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

Claire_B wrote:Oh that's such a sad story, I am so glad you got Sami back, poor little guy. Yes we're prepared for him not to be in a good way potentially, we've had a lot of foxes in the garden recently and some badgers sighted on the estate too so do wonder if he's either been chased off and hence got lost and got into a scuffle. Cats are known for crawling under bushes and keeping quiet, I've been trying to look under hedges etc, our area is so leafy and beautiful but makes for hard hunting! Like you say, the more people that can see a poster the more chance of a sighting so we'll get some more out tomorrow. Thank you for for your encouragement and sharing Sami's story, he's very lucky x x

Thank you..he's getting stronger each day.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, it's best to be prepared...for me the worst thing throughout was the not knowing, now I know Sami will spend most of his life with three legs we are coping but whatever I hope you find out what happened...we live in a village surrounded by fields and hedges so I couldn't find him...my dad walked up and down our road at the end of the village in case...like I say really hope you find your cat...keep me posted, oh have you checked with local vets or the microchiping site you can state the cat as missing. Pet log I think it is, I'm glad you are getting some encouragement, you can read all the story on my feed...he is lucky for sure. Lots of hugs and a fuss from Sami xx
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

One other bit of advice. Try to keep eating and sleeping...I hardly did either in the three weeks, try your fave comfort food!

Good luck X
Claire_B
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Claire_B »

Hi all (especially Samis Mummy! - thank you for all your support, love to Sami x)

Sequoia is home!!! We had a sighting of him today so spent a few hours walking round that area and finally he came toddling over to us, he's lost a lot of weight but otherwise seems fine - off to the vets tomorrow for a check. So happy!!!

xxx
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

that's wonderful, Claire - the relief must be tremendous
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

Claire_B wrote:Hi all (especially Samis Mummy! - thank you for all your support, love to Sami x)

Sequoia is home!!! We had a sighting of him today so spent a few hours walking round that area and finally he came toddling over to us, he's lost a lot of weight but otherwise seems fine - off to the vets tomorrow for a check. So happy!!!

xxx

I'm really pleased for you both xx get them to do an X-ray as one of Sami's leg were fractured but hadn't broken the skin let me know how the vet trip goes...plenty of food and tlc needed xx
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

How did he get on at the vet? X
Claire_B
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Claire_B »

Sorry for slow reply, we've been snuggling! He got the all clear at the vets, he's lost 1kg but otherwise he's fine, not dehydrated and no injuries, temp was fine too. He's going back in two weeks for another check, but is doing great at home and eating well! Unfortunately one of our other cats (we have three!) has been really unsettled by his return, we reintroduced them slowly and been giving fusses and treats equally but timid cat is even fearful of us now :( Staying in all weekend to hopefully make some ground, sure we'll all be back on track soon x x
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

Claire_B wrote:Sorry for slow reply, we've been snuggling! He got the all clear at the vets, he's lost 1kg but otherwise he's fine, not dehydrated and no injuries, temp was fine too. He's going back in two weeks for another check, but is doing great at home and eating well! Unfortunately one of our other cats (we have three!) has been really unsettled by his return, we reintroduced them slowly and been giving fusses and treats equally but timid cat is even fearful of us now :( Staying in all weekend to hopefully make some ground, sure we'll all be back on track soon x x
I'm so glad he's ok. Sami lost half his body weight and now the leg...they will learn to live together. I'm so pleased you've not had to go through what we have x
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

How far from home was he? X
Claire_B
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Claire_B »

Things have greatly improved between the two, timid cat is pretty much fine again now and the two had a nap on the bed next to one another before, no hissing or hiding today so seems to be getting back to normal!

He was only about 0.8 of a mile away from home but much further and in the opposite direction to where we think he always used to go! x x
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Samis Mummy »

Claire_B wrote:Things have greatly improved between the two, timid cat is pretty much fine again now and the two had a nap on the bed next to one another before, no hissing or hiding today so seems to be getting back to normal!

He was only about 0.8 of a mile away from home but much further and in the opposite direction to where we think he always used to go! x x
Glad to hear things are going well...that's not too far...I don't think we really know where cats go...they have a good sense of direction usually...Sami is only going out on his harness and lead in the back garden at the moment X love to all :D