Do I risk introducing a kitten?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Billyboy
New Cat Chatter

Do I risk introducing a kitten?

Post by Billyboy »

Hi everyone
I'm new to the forum so it's probably been discussed before but we have a 15 month old male neutured Ragdoll who is amazing and he has been the perfect cat (so far :lol: )
He gets along fabulously with our Jack Russell, the thing is he's so lovely i'm wanting a female Ragdoll now but I am worried it could stress him to the point of him spraying and cause bad behaviour.
Is it worth it and what are the chances?
Thanks everyone
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Do I risk introducing a kitten?

Post by KittyWitty »

If you carry out the introduction properly then I see no problem for you in adding a new kitty :)
Last edited by KittyWitty on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

As he's neutered he's unlikely to start spraying - if you do the introductions carefully (lots of information on this forum) there's no reason to expect your boy would not get on with a newcomer - of course she would have to like the dog too, and the only issue I can see is whether it would upset the relationship if your boy and the dog are very bonded. If you are considering an addition to the family please look at rescue cats as there are so many desperate for homes. X
charlie_rabbit01
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by charlie_rabbit01 »

If you go ahead with a new kitten I'd be interested to hear how it goes, we have a 11 month old Siamese and we are considering introducing a Siamese kitten (from the same parents but different litter) to him later this year when he will be almost 1 and a half.
Billyboy
New Cat Chatter

Post by Billyboy »

Thanks everyone, I never see my dog as an issue because she loves cats but Billy has never seen another cat other than his litter mates.
We are also wanting a kitten from the same parents so will keep you updated if we go ahead.
I have looked into the introduction process but feel a little daunted but I'm sure it will be ok in the end, thanks for the responses :D