Puddle growing up

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Puddle growing up

Post by shazxx50 »

20170701_133456(1).jpg
unsure if this work,
But you should be able to see My girl, Puddle last photo i posted she was so sweet and now... well a proper madam.
Hope everyone is well
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Puddle growing up

Post by Mayday21 »

Puddles doesn't look too impressed having her pic taken? And she does look like she has cattitude - just like Harper, :lol: Vivian
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww!

Three words spring to mind:-

Right. Little. Madam. :lol:

I have one just the same; she's six now but has never changed. As the song puts it, they may be a headache but never a bore ...

She's beautiful, congrats :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Now that's a Gracie if ever I saw one! :lol: But just like Grace, I bet when she wants something, she has the sweetest expression. Nice to see pics of her growing up. Keep 'em coming.
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

Hi all....
you are all correct, she is a madam, its her way or no way (apart from other half, she is daddies girl) I dont get a look in, oh no he comes in,off she goes
jumps on his shoulders for cuddles, Me when i come in...... meow give me food......totally spoilt...... sleeps on our bed( something Miley never did)
Loves to rip my wallpaper, decided to redecorate when she grows out of this lol, wishful thinking on my part lol..... but we love her dearly.... but completely so different from Miley........so was a shock to the system when she arrived to cause absolutely mayhem..... I'll try and upload photo but its hard to get it small enough to upload
love to all
Sharon
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

Getting comfortable
Getting comfortable
20170914_171744(2).jpg (108.04 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
shazxx50 wrote:Hi all....
you are all correct, she is a madam, its her way or no way (apart from other half, she is daddies girl) I dont get a look in, oh no he comes in,off she goes
jumps on his shoulders for cuddles, Me when i come in...... meow give me food......totally spoilt...... sleeps on our bed( something Miley never did)
Loves to rip my wallpaper, decided to redecorate when she grows out of this lol, wishful thinking on my part lol..... but we love her dearly.... but completely so different from Miley........so was a shock to the system when she arrived to cause absolutely mayhem..... I'll try and upload photo but its hard to get it small enough to upload
love to all
Sharon
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

I think she's adorable. Miss Personality you can see it & her name endorses it :lol: I know I'd be lost without my lot & Harper does make me laugh & shake my head more often than not. Her meows a funny sound not very loud but you do take notice "What do you want Harper?" Vivian
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

Mayday21 wrote:I think she's adorable. Miss Personality you can see it & her name endorses it :lol: I know I'd be lost without my lot & Harper does make me laugh & shake my head more often than not. Her meows a funny sound not very loud but you do take notice "What do you want Harper?" Vivian

Puddle has the mix of annoying sounds.... chatter of mainecoon and meow of siamese..... imagine that sound lol but she is loud, sounds like she has boots on when she bounces about....... and she is getting bigger.... more like the dad than blue point seal mummy xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:o :o :o

Puddle is ... Maine Coon ... AND ... Siamese???

Oh boy have you got a handful there!

Great fun though :D

Was it an accidental mating? Siamese tend to be on the dainty side and the MC cross kittens would have been hefty lumps; would have been better to mate a MC female to a Siamese boy if that cross had been intended - but I'm just being nosy - sorry! :oops:

Whatever, you've ended up with a very beautiful girl - oh and a naughty tortie too, the mind boggles ... :shock: :lol:
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

Lilith wrote::o :o :o

Puddle is ... Maine Coon ... AND ... Siamese???

Oh boy have you got a handful there!

Great fun though :D

Was it an accidental mating? Siamese tend to be on the dainty side and the MC cross kittens would have been hefty lumps; would have been better to mate a MC female to a Siamese boy if that cross had been intended - but I'm just being nosy - sorry! :oops:

Whatever, you've ended up with a very beautiful girl - oh and a naughty tortie too, the mind boggles ... :shock: :lol:
Yep they are her parents we viewed them, she was the only one like dad other had the siamese look and build and the blue/grey colouring of blue point seal no accident she was the 3rd litter and mum has had one more since, now retired..... xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Whew, four MCx litters - bet the girl's glad to have her stomach back to herself now bless her, though she'll have enjoyed herself, they usually do, especially when they dump the kittens on the humans as one of my Siamese used to - 'there, you took me to stud, now you see what it's like!' 5 little bodies snuggled up to me under the duvet while Mama stretches out in peace ...

A good thing I didn't see the Siamesey blue/grey kitten ... there'd have been 4th cat in the household :lol:
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

Lilith wrote:Whew, four MCx litters - bet the girl's glad to have her stomach back to herself now bless her, though she'll have enjoyed herself, they usually do, especially when they dump the kittens on the humans as one of my Siamese used to - 'there, you took me to stud, now you see what it's like!' 5 little bodies snuggled up to me under the duvet while Mama stretches out in peace ...

A good thing I didn't see the Siamesey blue/grey kitten ... there'd have been 4th cat in the household :lol:
They were all boys, really beautiful handsome.... Mum looked knackered lol the colours on the boys were so beautiful, but id set my heart on my Puddle,
if i could turn back time id of taken 2...... or maybe 3 hehehe
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

So I needed to go vets for her worming treatment and vet needed to know how much she weighed... so after many attempt to get her to keep all
4 paws on the scales she is 3.4kg...... Is that heavy? Miley at her age was only 2.4kg, Puddle is 14months old, is this the mainecoon breed in her, or is she overweight?
Sharon xx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

My neighbours three are that age and weigh 5kg, but don't look overweight, yet Lucy is overweight at 5kg, so I'd go off her body condition rather than weight
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

Yes i suppose as long as she looks healthy, she isnt a greedy eater.... she is due jabs in Oct ( she was late getting her jabs as breeder didnt give them so she wa nearly 4 months when she had her first jabs) so I'm sure vet will re weight her.... only concern is because she doesnt go outcshe doesnt get to burn off any fat, I did buy a harness and lead but she isnt keen, but i will persist with it...... x
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

3.4kg is light for a Maine Coon. Tilly is not a big Maine Coon, but at Puddle's age, she weighed 4.7kg. She is 6.1kg now and is certainly not thought overweight. Maine Coon's go on growing for years, so I expect Puddle will fill out a bit more over the next 4 years or so.
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

alanc wrote:3.4kg is light for a Maine Coon. Tilly is not a big Maine Coon, but at Puddle's age, she weighed 4.7kg. She is 6.1kg now and is certainly not thought overweight. Maine Coon's go on growing for years, so I expect Puddle will fill out a bit more over the next 4 years or so.

Miley was mixed mainecoon, and when she went to the rainbow bridge she was nearly 8 and weighted nearly 8kg
Puddle isheavy but I dont think she is fat.... and I know she has a lot of filling out to do, sheis only fluffy on her tail atm xx
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

shazxx50 wrote: so after many attempt to get her to keep all 4 paws on the scales she is 3.4kg......
I put the cat box on the scales, zero the scales and then stuff the cat in the box... Depends on what kind of scales you have; mine is a dual-purpose parcel or baby scale which I can put the box on.

Ria (Norwegian Forest Cat) was 5 kg at Puddle's age, from having been a very skinny 1.3kg when I got her at three months. You can't really tell weight by looking at a fluffy cat, but when I run my hands along her sides, there's a bit of a hollow between her ribs and her hips, so I don't think she's too heavy.
Ria on box.jpg
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

MarySkater wrote:
shazxx50 wrote: so after many attempt to get her to keep all 4 paws on the scales she is 3.4kg......
I put the cat box on the scales, zero the scales and then stuff the cat in the box... Depends on what kind of scales you have; mine is a dual-purpose parcel or baby scale which I can put the box on.

Ria (Norwegian Forest Cat) was 5 kg at Puddle's age, from having been a very skinny 1.3kg when I got her at three months. You can't really tell weight by looking at a fluffy cat, but when I run my hands along her sides, there's a bit of a hollow between her ribs and her hips, so I don't think she's too heavy.

Ria on box.jpg

Ria is beautiful love the white socks..... i agree about the fluff, miley was always very fluffy and so many ppl would say she was fat.... she certainly wasn't, she was mu beautiful girl.....i have just digital bathroom scales,Im sure vet with re weight her in a few weeks xx
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

I agree vet scales are more accurate. I bought the parcel scales specifically so I could weigh Ria properly when I first got her, because I could feel her bones and I was worried about her. Before that, when I just had bathroom scales, I'd weigh myself holding the cat, then weigh myself without the cat, and subtract.

Ria thanks you for the compliment! Yes, the white socks are nice - pity she keeps coming in with them muddy ;)