Bobby's Home!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Bobby's Home!

Post by bobbys girl »

Just brought our little man home. He was quiet all the way until we reached the gates. Then he sat up in his box and purred like a little engine.
Tommy and Purdy haven't seen him yet. Willow sniffed him up and down and Gracie did her usual trick of being affronted by his presence (she's such a drama queen) before walking away with her nose in the air.
Little Bob is asleep on the sofa now and I couldn't be happier!
I'd like to post a photo of him. Can any one tell me how?
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Bobby's Home!

Post by KittyWitty »

Ohhhhh how is little Bobby?!?!

Give us all the details :)

To post a picture you go to the page where you post a comment and then undernath the text box there is a 'upload attachment' bit, you press the 'choose file' button and then you look of the photo on pc, click open and then after you are back to the comment page you press 'add the file'.

Hope I have described that well enough? :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks KittyWitty,
I tried that but the file is too big! I'll try again tomorrow.
Bob is still a little wobbly - Wobbly Bob - mmm. But he is eating ok and has been hopping around. Something tells me I am going to have a job keeping him in and clean!
Thanks for asking after him.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I'm so glad Bobby's home. It's always a relief to get them back. Sounds like he was happy to get home. Hopefully he will continue to rest :)
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

So glad! How's the little boy today?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks for your interest Sarah. I took him to the vets today to get his dressing changed. John, the vet, is very pleased with his progress and doesn't want to see him again until Thurs.
Bobby himself is still not his usual bouncy self, but he is getting there. It is lovely here right now so I might take him out for a breath of fresh air - and give him some cat mint to play with - he likes that!
The plant is in a hanging basket so the little beggars can't get at it!
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I'm so glad Bobby is making progress. It's positive that the vet doesn't want to see him til Thursday. Well done little fella. Hope you enjoy your breath of fresh air with him.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Well what a busy hour THAT was! It was a lovely evening, so while my husband was sitting outside sorting out his new boat rod and reel, I thought it would be nice to take Bob out for some sunshine. At first he sat taking it all in. The girls came over to say 'hello'. Everything was fine and dandy. I turned to fill a watering can and Dave shouted 'aye up, he's off', and he was. Bob ran off like a rocket straight into the little wood at the side of our house.
I put my boots and thick trousers on - there are a lot of nettles in that wood - and set off 'puss, puss, pussing' as I went. A whole hour thrashing through the undergrowth, getting increasingly worried - he circled round and was sitting on the back step when I got back.
My other half says it has probably given him some self confidence that he can manage on 3 legs.
Shame I had to age 10 years for him to do so!
He has had his medicine and his supper (his appetite is back with a vengence) and now he is fast asleep! I think I'll join him.
Good Night
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hi Sue. What a traumatic hour that must have been. I can well imagine your sheer panic when you couldn't catch up with Bobby. He certainly outwitted you. One nil to him then :) It's looking like he doesn't think he's in any way got a disability. What a brave boy he is. I'm so relieved he came back. As you say, one hour to him is ten years to you. Hope you have both recovered today.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by KittyWitty »

Aw Bobby! Naughty kitty!

So glad that he is back safe and sound - your hubby is probably right, his confidence will be coming back and he wanted to test his limits!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Sounds like he's feeling better - hope he continues to improve. :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Just got back for the vets. The dressing had a gooey patch on it - it was clean on Monday. Blast! He has been given another course of antibiotics and a long acting injection of antibiotics.
He seems chirpy enough. He is eating well and after the vet weighed him he jumped back on to the table - without a wobble.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed or worried. Please say a little prayer or send out some good vibes in his direction.
We have to go back to the vet on Saturday morning. I hope and pray it has cleared by then.
Thanks for all your good wishes, it means a lot to me.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I can understand your being worried. What does the vet say about his wound? Does he think it should be healing better? Bobby in himself seems to be doing so well.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Apart from 2 small areas the wound is dry, clean and mending nicely. It's just those 2 small areas - that were not there on Monday!
He is bright enough in himself and eating well, though a bit reluctant to walk very far. He rears up on his hind legs and waves his front paw at me 'Mummy pick me up' - how can I refuse?
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Awwww he is so lovely :) Let's hope that the wound does improve though it may be at a slower rate due to his compromised immune system.