Happy Christmas

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Happy Christmas

Post by bobbys girl »

A little early I know. But as I was already online on the laptop I thought, what the heck!
Happy Christmas everyone. Hope it's a good one for you. :D
........ but not for long!
........ but not for long!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Happy Christmas

Post by Lilith »

That's brilliant :D

Though I'm surprised not to see two furries on top of the tree! :lol:

Merry Christmouse from the gang and me and belated Yule wishes too :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Folks Christmas Eve here & we’re going to have a hot Christmas Day. Was at local Fisho with best mate at 5:30am picking up prawns. So it’s fresh prawns, with bbq for salmon & steak & in all probability will hit the pool. Hope everyone has a safe festive & Yule (Lilith) tide time. Lots of fusses to all the furbabes. They say 2018’s going to be a good one - let’s hope so. Vivian & the famous 4 from Oz
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

OH doesn't know yet but I managed to track down some WILD smoked salmon. Not cheap, but it is a special occasion!
Have a good Christmas Vivian, enjoy the barbie - not that I'm jealous or anything. :lol:
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Indeed, Happy Christmas everyone.
Poem I think of is a bit different: "Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse"....
Tilly had done her job efficiently for another year and was having a snooze!
Last edited by alanc on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:lol:

But there IS a Mouse in this house and if I don't bestir myself soon she'll be yelling for her tea!

Season's greetings Mayday and hope the Famous Four from Oz get a share of the prawns ... sound delectable ... oooh ... :D
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you all have a great & safe holiday.

Marg & Bella.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Feliz Navidad a todos ;)

Merry Christmas all, I hope everyone has a lovely holiday!

Rubs to all the purry ones.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Merry Christmas to you all, hope you have a great day and the cats don't run off with the turkey.
Summercat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Summercat »

Happy Christmas!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

My husband has a funny sense of humour. He bought me this fleece for Christmas. It has a lined pouch pocket for kittens and a hood with ears (of course it does!)
Thought I'd better get the photo-shoot over and done with before the kittens grow out of it. Fred didn't last long, but Billy seemed happy to stay there.
rsz_016(8).jpg
Cosy Kitty
Cosy Kitty
One handsome cat in the making!
One handsome cat in the making!
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Love the photos, bobbys girl! And if Billy is happy to use the pocket even as he grows up, he could be your personal body-warmer :D

I saw a couple of cat videos on Facebook over Christmas. Now with this first one, "how to wrap a cat for Christmas,"
https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/video ... 875856436/
half the comments were yelling about cruelty, but I'm more inclined to agree with the other half who said that if the cat had objected, he'd have let the owner know. He's certainly very laid-back about the process.

On the other hand this one, "cats versus Christmas trees,"
https://www.facebook.com/awestruckTV/vi ... 484804469/
bothered me more, because people are encouraging cats to climb trees covered with switched-on lights, surely putting them at risk of being electrocuted or strangled.

What do other people think?
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I've seen both the videos before and variations on the second one for many years.

I wasn't sure about the cat wrapping (or the whippet wrapping variant I have seen), but the cat could easily get up and walk away anytime it wanted if it really objected. Like you say it seems a very laid back cat.

As for cats and Christmas trees, they don't need any encouragement. I do feel that more owners should be diving for the plug to the lights rather than for the camera, but cats and cables are dangerous in so many other places as well. I don't think strangulation is too big a problem, if the cats became entangled I would hope that the people would intervene quickly any way. In at least one or two clips you could hear the people's reaction to the cat being in the tree and it wasn't encouragement.

I also remember as a child we had some of the old glass baubles for the tree, and the tree was placed out in the hall where there was a nice tiled floor, easy to sweep the dropped needles up off. Enter the 6 month old kitten, and you can imagine the ensuing carnage, fortunately no injuries, but a lot of broken baubles. For the next year we invested in a box of silk wrapped baubles so they wouldn't break, the result wasn't much better with reams of unravelled silk all over the hall floor.

I will also admit that since I got the juniors a couple of years ago our christmas tree has stayed firmly in its box. When they grow out of their climbing and chewing phase, in about 6 years time, I might get it out again.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Yes, the adults (mainly Gracie) give the tree an occasional whack, but that's all. Now, the kittens are a different matter! :roll:
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Cats Christmas morn with the empty champas ctn - bottles in fridge - Harper claimed ctn. Btw C/Day incredibly hot; we decided to eat inside with aircon & me & my best mate’s OH did a fab job with the bbq - the salmon was superb. :D We hit the pool in the afternoon. Christmas night two horrific thunder storms. Snow Girl doesn’t handle them at all. :o
Cats & a ctn
Cats & a ctn
94302B32-362D-425F-8101-A7C30E21AAF3.jpeg (27.09 KiB) Viewed 4813 times
F34FB0FA-A5DD-49C4-9BAD-CC3838D95500.jpeg
F34FB0FA-A5DD-49C4-9BAD-CC3838D95500.jpeg (26.88 KiB) Viewed 4813 times
Last edited by Mayday21 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Oh they DO love those boxes! :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Yes Sue they do. TC did get to spend some time in it. They did destroy the inner bottle separators. Love your pic...Fred & Billie nice & snuggly. Reminds me of a pullover i had with a front pouch where I used to put Mayday when she was a kitten. Vivian
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol - the Famous Four from Oz capture a box! :lol:

That sweatshirt is sweeet ... and so are the bad lads :D

Hi Mary, yes I've seen those videos ... didn't care for them; even if cats tolerate those antics, it's undignified, and as for the tree ... well. Couldn't watch that. I mentioned recently about the last tree I had with two kittens in the house and taking all the breakables off; it went without saying that the lights were the first to go. I do actually have swags of tiny tree-baubles decorating a sari draped over full-length velvet curtains (this is permanent) but once arranged I deliberately broke them in several places and re-attached the lengths with cotton so that if any adeventurous cat swung on them they'd break under its weight. Blind cords too are knotted out of the way, after the time Mouse, as a kitten, managed to get her head inside a dangling loop - thank heavens I saw her in time :shock:

Oh and Happy New Year everyone :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I had to remove my aprons from the back of the kitchen door because I found Billy swinging on the ties. Put the aprons in a 'safe place' then had to borrow one of mum's to do the washing up because I had forgotten where I'd put mine. :roll:

Let the little beggars into the lounge this evening. Bob sat in his favourite spot and just watched them, only growling when Freddie jumped up and surprised him. Gracie sat in one of her boxes and grumbled at the world in general. Willow toasted herself in front of the fire and just gave Billy a smart rap on the head when he got too close. Purdy jumped onto he daddy's knee as if to say 'he's mine'. Only the Christmas tree seemed to flinch as they bounced into the room - 'oh no, not them again':lol: All things considered, it's not doing too badly.