Sebastian :(

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
danny_goss
New Cat Chatter

Sebastian :(

Post by danny_goss »

On Saturday morning me and my boyfriend had to put down our baby Sebastian :( he was ill about 2 weeks ago and he went for blood tests and he had a low white blood count and they said he had a parasite in his blood and he had to have a blood transfusion that would cost £600 otherwise he would die, the vet god the blood test back a week later and said that he needed to have a scraping of his bone marrow, we picked him up after the operation and he looked dreadful they had shaved half of his leg and his eyes were rolling behind his head and he went downhill from there, I took all last week of work to be with him and he seemed like he was dying, on Friday he couldn't walk and was being sick, all week I was crying like a baby and screaming It just didn't seem real, we decided to put him to sleep sat morning it was horrific but neither of us could be in the room :( me and my bf adopted him from cats protection in 2010 and he was 3 years old, he was such a loving and timid cat with the most amazing personality and i Would brush him for hours and talk to him :( he was my best friend and I'm beyond devastated, we brought him back from the vets and gave him a kiss and we buried him in the garden, I still can't stop crying I miss him so much :(
Attachments
image.jpg
(217.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Sebastian :(

Post by bobbys girl »

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. It's one thing to lose a pet after a long and happy life - you can accept that. But when it is so sudden it really hurts doesn't it?
It will take time and there will always be the sadness of loss at the memory. But in time you will remember all the happy times too.
You gave your little fella a new start in life and, from the sound of it, a very happy one. I hope that comforts you, and gives you the courage to do it again one day. They need us!
With very best wishes
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

I am so sorry for you.....bless you, you did all you could for him, you couldn't have done any more, I have been there too, with my beloved 'CC' who I lost to oral cancer last year. I had to take him to the vet to be put to sleep and my heart broke into a thousand pieces....he struggled to eat and couldn't even groom himself as the tumour was on the back of his tongue, it tore me apart to see him and I decided that "better a day too early than a day too late.." It was hard but it was the kindest thing I could have done for him, he was only about 7 years old....far too soon....I totally understand your grief.......your lovely boy is out of pain now.....my "CC" is also buried in our garden, just where I can see him, I have to say that it was the first time I had seen my hubby sob his heart out when he carried him from the car, it broke both our hearts.....xx
mollers
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by mollers »

What a beautiful boy he was. You did what was right for your boy but he has left a massive Sebastian-shaped hole in your life and it is very painful as you saw him every day and all of a sudden he is no longer there. Just keep reminding yourself that you did what you did to free him from terrible pain and he would have thanked you if he could. You gave him a wonderful life and in time you will come to think of him with a smile and not tears but for a while yet you will feel raw. Look after yourself xxxx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

What a lovely boy. Your hearts will ache I know. I look at my 7 year old boy and the thought of losing him gives me a clear idea of how you are feeling. Take care and know your Sebastian is in your hearts forever. X
danny_goss
New Cat Chatter

Post by danny_goss »

Thank you for your replys it really means a lot :) i feel a lot better i know he isnt any pain anymore but i just miss the little crazy things he used to do :) i still talk to him is that crazy ? I used to call him my little chickydeboo and when i go into the room were he felt most most comftorable when he was ill id say hello baby my little chickydeeboo, do u believe in rainbow bridge ? I lost my mum to cancer when i was 12 and i would hate to think i would never see him again
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

No Danny you are not crazy (and if you are you have plenty of company!) I have a picture of my sweet Poppy as a screensaver. Her paw is raised and she looks like she is waving. I always say 'hello' to her when I fire up the pooter, and 'night night sweetie' when I switch off. I had her for 6 sweet months. Then she just vanished and I have missed her these last 2 years.
As for Rainbow Bridge, I must admit that's a new one on me. I knew a clever clogs once who told me there are no animals in heaven because they don't have souls. I believe God wants the very best for us all, and a heaven without our furry friends would be a very dull and sterile place.
I like to think that my dad (who I lost to cancer 30 years ago) is walking his black whippet, my dog, Bonnie and our dogs Rosie and Kate along an endless beach just waiting for us to join them. But that's just me.