Blind kitten

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
madhouse
Returning Cat Chatter

Blind kitten

Post by madhouse »

Just looking for a bit of help I have 3 feral kittens that I've taken on but one seems to be blind is there a rescue that takes blind kittens in, the other 2 babies are really fiesty hissing and striking out where as the other is docile you can pick her up and she just lies there in your hand her eyes seem to roll up and she doesn't follow your hands I feel so sorry for her any help would be appreciated
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Blind kitten

Post by KittyWitty »

any rescue should take in the blind kitten - they will know how to help the baby!

How are they kittens? Are they socializing well?
Hunnybunny
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hunnybunny »

Blindness in kittens is pretty uncommon and is usually a symptom of something else. Older cats become blind for many reasons.

A blind kitten should be as feisty and active as seeing kittens as their other senses can more than compensate so I would suggest this is possibly a more serious issue from the description that you have given of her behaviour.

Get her to a vets as a matter of urgency as a professional diagnosis is what you need and take it from there.
madhouse
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by madhouse »

The poor baby had to be put to sleep she was blind and not there at all her brothers are fiesty little monkeys but with her she would let you pick her up and hiss and spit it was so unfair x
madhouse
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by madhouse »

Sorry that was put wrong she wasn't hissing and spitting but the boys were although they are coming round really well now
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

How sad. My girl Tips has been blind since she was less than 6 months old. She's a wonderful little thing - she's 8 now and full of life.