Zooplus wrong deliveries

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

Zooplus wrong deliveries

Post by lazarus »

Any regular Zooplus members on Cat Chat, I recently signed up to them, my second order was for several items, one of the items being a covered litterbox withe a doorflap. When it arrived it was broken and cracked in places, I sent off a email to them informing them of the defective litterebox, no problem they said just dispose of the broken litterbox and we will send out a replacement.
The expected package arrived from Zooplus today only to find a 15L bag of litter in the box and not replacement litter box. Is sending the wrong items a regular occurrence from Zooplus?

Needless to say another email sent off today.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Zooplus wrong deliveries

Post by Kay »

I've been a regular customer of Zooplus for some years now, and have never been sent the wrong item - some split bags and dented tins, and once an out of date bag of dry food, but nothing as bad as this

I think you've just been unlucky, maybe because they have been short -staffed because of the weather?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I've been using them for a decade with nothing like that and really good customer service, I normally ring though
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

Same as Desley and Kay. I have been ordering from them regularly for at least 10 years and never had a wrong delivery. I occasionally have had packs of litter split open due to bad packing/handling, but that is about it. I find them really efficient. I always make sure I spend over £39 to get free DPD delivery. I ordered late last night and received an email tonight saying my order has been despatched. No doubt it will arrive on Friday, but i will get an email Thursday night confirming and around 9am on the day, another email giving me a 1-hour time slot. I can only remember one time when an order didn't arrive within the time slot, but that was down to DPD.
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by lazarus »

All sorted now, apparently they had to get agency staff in during recent bad weather who were not used to their system. Good news is they told me just to keep the 15L bag of Catsan Ultra clumping LItter which is a bonus as it is the same stuff I use anyway :D New litter box arrived later in ok condition.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

That sounds more like normal Zooplus. Glad it's all resolved.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

I think it's rather commendable they paid agency staff rather than make their customers wait for deliveries (even if they did get it wrong sometimes!)

lots of firms didn't