applaws dry food alternative?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
smokeythecat
New Cat Chatter

applaws dry food alternative?

Post by smokeythecat »

Could anyone recommend a dry food alternative to applaws, there has been lots of complaints about them recently so i think ill change on my next order from zooplus. my cat is still eating it but i get the only one that doesnt have complaints "chicken and duck" so i not sure if he will eat the others since the recipe change. i want a complete dry food that is high meat content and anti hair ball and all that other stuff. basically i want something with all the same good stuff as applaws just more consistently good for around the same price i am willing to pay a bit more per bag though.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: applaws dry food alternative?

Post by Kay »

have a look at the Porta21 range on Zooplus - unlike other quality foods it comes in smaller bags in case your cat turns his nose up

I buy their tinned chicken which is much preferred by mine to all the other brands despite looking and smelling very much the same
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

You could try Lilly's Kitchen, which is grain free and supposed to assist with furballs. Tilly quite likes it. Also comes in small packs so kitty can convince you she likes it (until you buy a big pack, of course).
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Mine love James Wellbeloved, fish or turkey - won't touch anything else! :D
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

A good food that compares well with Applaws is Zooplus own brand food called Purizon. Mine love it.It has 70% fish and/or meat (depending on flavour) and is cereal-free. Quite expensive,but I guess you get what you pay for and they need less of it as it doesn't have cheap fillers. Might be worth trying the trial packof 3 x 400g bags of different flavours.One of mine will only eat the fish flavour and none of them would eat the lamb flavour. http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/purizon
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

You could try "Canagan" it is high meat content & grain free, my cat loves it.

Marg
smokeythecat
New Cat Chatter

Post by smokeythecat »

MarkB wrote:A good food that compares well with Applaws is Zooplus own brand food called Purizon. Mine love it.It has 70% fish and/or meat (depending on flavour) and is cereal-free. Quite expensive,but I guess you get what you pay for and they need less of it as it doesn't have cheap fillers. Might be worth trying the trial packof 3 x 400g bags of different flavours.One of mine will only eat the fish flavour and none of them would eat the lamb flavour. http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/purizon
i didnt realise zooplus made there own brand i think i will try that on my next order seems like good quality stuff at a decent price. For some reason i just though purizon was a different type of purina :D
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

I have mine on Arden Grange and they're really happy - get it from Zooplus. Another grain free one which is good

Also depending on the size of your cat - I also have a bowl of Sanabelle (again Zooplus) out for them. It's another hyperallergenic kibble but a bigger one that helps keep teeth clean and is good for hairballs