Ultimate cat toy suggestions?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Sarcazm
Returning Cat Chatter

Ultimate cat toy suggestions?

Post by Sarcazm »

My little Smaug is not much of a player, he's much more a sleep-eat-and-stroke kind of a cat, but he is only just settling into his new home, so I reckon he'll be playful enough soon, and I want to get him the greatest toy ever.
What toy does your cat love the most?
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Ultimate cat toy suggestions?

Post by Baggypants »

Mice!

And butterflies :lol:
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

A lot depends on the cat, but all of mine like play cubes and feathers/sticks.

Da bird is very popular, but mine prefer the mouse version.

TBH you could spend a small fortune on toys, which initially are popular but cats being cats soon get bored with :lol:
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Favourites with mine a small ping pong size balls or little mice the same sort of size, Play Cube, Da Bird and a lazer pointer. But they also like a large paper bag, a crinkly sweetie wrapper and milk carton top!!
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

Another cat keeps one thin :)
Or since there is just him, a motorized toy. like Cat Meow.
Da Bird or cat dancer if you want to play with him.
I have a fishing pole with a squeeky light up mouse on the end of it. I fling the mouse down the hall and reel back a bunch of cats.
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jan1957 »

Eric's just spent ten minutes flicking an emery board around the house, and I keep having to retrieve it from under the sofa. He's had such fun with it.
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Baggypants »

Feathers are pretty cool. I've got some duck feathers that the cats love but I hear pheasant feathers are goood too 8-)
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Shelly and Dora »

I'm intrigued. What's the cat meow?
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

Shelly and Dora wrote:I'm intrigued. What's the cat meow?

This is Cat's Meow. https://www.globalshop.com.au/products/cats-meow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Mine love it, periodically. I've just been reminded I have a crinkly tunnel put away which Jagger might enjoy!
Puddincat
New Cat Chatter

Post by Puddincat »

We've tried all sorts of things. But our little puss loves:

- Crisp packets tied in a knot (she loves to chase them and occasionally bring them back)
- Scrunched up paper
- A thing on a string (presently its a star attached to a rod by a string) the latest game is to swing it over the bed, round the end, and back over the bed and puss goes round and round and round chasing it
- Uncooked Pasta Twists (for flinging round the laminate floor - just do';t step on them in bare feet... ouch!)
- Small balls that roll across the laminate
- Anything that comes through the letter box - particularly charity collection bags - we have great fun chasing her round the house to get them off her - occasionally she sneaks it away and you find it in pieces all over the floor!!

We also have a crinkly tunnel that she chases the thing on a string through

So for now, we've stopped buying cat toys.
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Willowgill »

'Mousey'! He came in a Christmas stocking the first year Daphne was here and she fell in love with him - he now has a totally bald bum and she brings him downstairs crying morning and night and plays on the stairs or in the bath (empty) chasing him about. We did get another one the next Christmas exactly the same but to Daph he's inferior and he was discarded. She also likes a rolled up silver paper ball in the bath. Max has totally destroyed a tall scratching post which he uses like a pole dancer - given his age and arthritis he's a demon when he's swinging from the top of it :lol: Alfie is too timid to play inside but he loves catnip and will chase string when my granddaughter is here to entice him - he must have been used to children in his former life as he really enjoys it when we get visitors.
Podsy
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Podsy »

Nerf gun bullets!

Nerf guns are toy guns that my kids have. The bullets are made of polystyrene and so are very light. The cats loving finding these and carrying around the house, or batting them around. The bullets are cylindrical in shape, a bit like a fat cigarette. You buy them in packs from toy shops, toy aisle at supermarkets etc. I think it's the fact that they are so light that makes them a good toy.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

This CatIt Design Senses Super Roller Circuit!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Design-Se ... ed+circuit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comet LOVES his!!!!

Video of him playing with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziblaJdMCU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suzynick
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Suzynick »

Alfie has a stripy cat boing toy which is on string which I bought from Ebay. He carries it around the house all the time, I ended up buying a couple of spare as its almost like a comfort toy for him. Storm likes plastic springs, he puts his paws on them and gnaws at them! They both like the pop up cubes and use them to jump out on each other!
A huge favourite is da mouse they both love it.
There is a lady I have bought homemade spiders from which both mine loved, they had cat nip in. I shall have to post the link when I find it.
I have absolutely tons of toys but not all were very popular!