Bella is missing.

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Bella is missing.

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Bella went missing last night between 7 & 9 pm, we have had her 8 months & she has never been outside but went out last night & hasn't come home. She will be very frightened but wont go up to people, she is very aloof & not very friendly but I love her as she is, it is so unlike her to do this, she was quiet yesterday, ate normally but just lay in her bed most of the last couple of days but it has been quite warm so as she was eating as normal, I just thought it was the heat.

Marg
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Bella is missing.

Post by bobbys girl »

Naughty Bella for worrying you! I hope she comes home safe and sound very soon.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Oh no! Hope you get her back soon
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

What a worry, hope she comes home soon.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

OMG Marg! Who'd have thought such a shy cat would have done this? Little devil - EVERYTHING - fingers, paws,tails crossed here for her safe return asap! x
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

I would never of thought she would do this, I have this gut feeling that we won't see her again, it's a horrible feeling, but keeps coming into my head, even if people see her, I don't think she would let them get close enough to touch her let alone catch her, my husband who has very bad depression & anxiety attacks keeps telling me it is his fault because he didn't close the door's, but the door's & windows have been open for about 5 or 6 weeks so that is not a problem, so why Monday night, she had seen the door open many times before, these things keep going round & round in my head, I can't make sense of it.

Marg.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Hiya, what a worry for you. I will say though that there’s a good chance she’s not very far away, just hiding somewhere. The weather’s good I presume and it’s still very early days. Do follow the lost cat advice on here:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found

Will be keeping everything crossed she turns up soon xx
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Oh no, fingers all crossed that she comes home soon.

When you ask people to check shed and garages in case she has got shut in, ask if they can leave the door open for 10 minutes of so, if she has got herself hidden away, and knowing how shy she is she might not come straight out. Also, I don't know what the weather has been like where you are, but putting a bowl of water out in case she does sneak back while you aren't there. It has been so dry by us lately that all the normal puddles and watering places have dried up, my pond is once more the watering hole of choice for the neighbourhood cats.

Please try and convince your husband it isn't his fault, even if you did keep all windows and doors shut, a cat that wants to get out will, they can run incredibly quickly from a standing start, you can't stay inside all the time, doors have to be opened, and if she hadn't shown any interest before there was no reason to think she would this time.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww, please tell Mr Marg not to beat himself up over this - damn cats, little horrors always do what we don't expect.

Come home soon, bella Bella! x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

My sister's cat was missing for a week. She searched the neighbourhood, put up posters, the lot! He came strolling back just after the neighbours got back from their holiday. He had been shut in their garage for a week. Nothing to eat and only condensation to drink, but he was fine.

It is so easy to blame yourself and think 'what if' I had done/not done this/that. It doesn't help. I do understand. My mum is a master of that attitude. There are many things in life that are beyond our control. Beating yourself up about it won't put anything right. But that is hard to explain to someone suffering depression.

I hope Bella turns up very soon!
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Thank you all for your thought's & replies. Bella still isn't home, I am really tearful today, just can't understand why, after 8 months of showing no interest in going out, then just not only goes out but jumps 5/6 foot fences as well to get away.

Marg.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

They'll always do what you don't expect them to. Still thinking about you and Bella and Mr Marg too. EVERYTHING still crossed here for her safe return x
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

I'm still keeping everything crossed that she gets back safe and sound.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything you haven't already heard or thought of, but if there is anything in her litter tray that you can sprinkle around the garden that might help her find her way home, and the old one of hanging dirty washing on the line can also help guide them back if they have got lost. If she is chipped let the company that monitors it know and make sure all contact details are correct, contact any local rescues and vets and let them know. Put up posters anywhere you can explaining that she is nervous and if people do see her not to try and approach but to contact you, you might also want to have a word with local charities to see if any have traps they could loan you in case she is seen, it might be the best way to get her with out scaring her off the area. If you can leave your door open as much as possible so if she is near by she can make a run for it when no one is near and keep calling her at what would be her normal meal times, just in case she is in hearing range.
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Still no sign of Bella, almost 2 weeks now, we are going away tomorrow till Monday with some friends but my sister in law will take any calls & follow up on them, I am looking forward to going but a little bit of me want's to stay just in case anyone phones.
It is horrible here at home now, my OH didn't want a cat when we got Bella, I talked him into it, but he is as bad as I am now wanting her home, he said today.....what do you think she is doing now.........what could I say to him when I really think we won't see her again, not long after we had her he told our friends that her thought she was a feral cat, because she wouldn't come downstairs or interact with us, I was horrified to hear him say that, but I think he might of been right, don't get me wrong, I want her home & love her to bits, she is my baby.

Marg.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Oh Marg, been thinking and thinking about you and Bella :cry:

A special Solstice prayer that she's found safely soon x
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Thanks Lilith, very kind of you, Lilith, you have seen my post's from the beginning, from what I have described, does Bella sound to you as if she is feral??

Marg.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi Marg, it's hard to say, judging from Bella's background it could well be, and that she's had experience of looking after herself, which could stand her in good stead now.

But oh how I wish the silly girl would come back home to you and Mr Marg - still all paws and tails crossed here, hoping hard! x
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Bella is missing. She is home!!!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

The best possible news..........Bella is home, I had a phone call at 7.30 last night to say they thought they could see Bella, I went out to find her sat next to a parked car only about 10 yards from the door, it took me till 10.15 to get her in the house though, considering she has such long fur, it is very good, a few twigs & debris in her fur on her back legs, I groomed her this afternoon & there were hardly any matts, she looks as if she has been groomed, I'm sure she has been in someone's house.
I was so convinced she wouldn't come back because of her shy/timid nature I got a kitten, looks like they are best of friends already, when Bella saw Lola last night, she rolled over & started to play, OMG, I am so pleased she is home & that she has accepted the kitten.

Marg.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

YAAAAYYYY! :D :D :D

And congrats on Lola too and the way Bella's accepted her; I suppose they're starting off equally after Bella's absence and could work out very well.

WELCOME HOME BELLA! :D
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

I am so HAPPY for you! Something similar happened to me once when Toby-cat went missing for several months - finding him again (through one of the very early lost pets database - this was back in 1988!) was one of the most magical moments in my life. It is wonderful that she is happy with Lola, too. If you suspect she has been lodging elsewhere perhaps a note on her collar would help alert her hosts, or a note in local newsletters?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Aww, I'm so glad she is home
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

What great news! Welcome home Bella.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

This has just made my day. I've been watching the thread hoping that there might be good news but the longer it went on the more the hope slowly faded. I am so pleased she is home.

I'm also glad you got Lola and are keeping both, it might do Bella a lot of good to have a more confident cat around. I have a nervous cat who I couldn't even touch when I got her, she quickly started to take her lead from my resident golden oldie, and now, 3 years later will come demanding fuss and particularly is Tiggy is nearby Freyja will happily roll on her back and let me give her a belly rub. Hopefully Lola will help Bella's confidence as well.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Same here Ruth, it has made my day! HURRAY!!! She is home. :D :D

It is nice news about the kitten too. It sounds like it could not have worked out better (apart from the nervous breakdown she gave you!)
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

It was very funny this morning, I was still in bed, it was early, 6.30am, I had been fussing Lola, then I needed the loo, when I came back Bella was on the bed, as it always used to be, she wanted a fuss, I was fussing her when Lola got on the bed, she came up & wanted more fuss, Bella bopped her on the head with a paw, "get out, it is my turn for cuddles now" it was really funny, but Lola has to learn.

Marg.