It's to HOT Daddy!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

It's to HOT Daddy!

Post by alanc »

Tilly is finding the heat a bit oppressive, even with the added ventilation of her shaven tummy and neck:
Tillys tummy P1150124 .JPG
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: It's to HOT Daddy!

Post by Janey »

She’s lovely! It must be awful for them with all that fur on!
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

It's catching!
Rocky chilling.jpg
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

LOL! Love the photos and so glad Tilly's her old self again :D

Shorthaired Molly spent yesterday afternoon basking in a drift of campanulas, which grow like a weed in my backyard ... just as well as it looks like a HORSE rolled in them :lol:

Then she peed in the peg-basket ... not so lol :twisted:
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi I’ve been listening to your weather reports on the radio....hope your fur babes are keeping cool. Amazing how they work out ways & places to do this. I live on a hill & the back bedrooms get an afternoon coastal breeze & when it’s sweltering here around 2pm they make their way to the hallway or beds ready for the breeze. Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Funny how they lie like that. Looks like they have been dropped from a great height :lol: The other favoured position is draped over the back of the sofa.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

In normal times, you can chart where the central heating pipes run under the floorboards by where Tilly (and all her predecessors) sleeps. Today, she is charting the locations of the cold draughts coming from the windows and ventilators!
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

Alan, I hoped we might start a gallery of pictures of flopped cats. But it looks like you and I were the only ones able to grab a camera without the subject doing a runner. :lol:

I have a couple of these so-called "cool pads" that I've put down in places where I thought my cats might like them, but no. The cats don't actually avoid them, I have seen them walk over the mat and even sit on it for a few minutes. But they evidently don't see it as a suitable sleeping place. The usual fate of "things bought for the cats..."
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol a while back I bought one of those radiator hammocks, which has never been used and serves as a toybox.

I can't seem to post pics any more and my camera hates me anyway ... I would have LOVED to get a photo of ginger Molly in the blue campanulas ... :(
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I have two radiator hammocks and two cats that like to sleep in them, of course being cats things are never simple.
P1210010_opt.jpg
P1210010_opt.jpg (44.85 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
At the moment mine are appreciating the laminate flooring and the paving flags at the back.

Alternatively I'll find them curled up on the fur throw that is currently folded up at the bottom of the bed, they are cats after all.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ah, a game of squash? :lol: :lol: :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Oh flip!
Last edited by bobbys girl on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Mary, I will dig out the photos of flopped cats on my laptop tonight. It will give me something to do while the football and tennis are on! :roll:

Can't believe I have to work today! I'll give it a couple of hours, in the shade, then pack it in. It is already 26° here! Cats have all taken up their roosts for the day. All except Purdy who is at the vets waiting for an available vet to take a look at a tooth we are worried about. Never a dull moment.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww poor Purdy. Hope everyfang's ok ...

:oops: :lol:
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I was shocked on Sun to find Lucy sleeping on the heated bed, that I hadn't unplugged!!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Squashed Maine Coons - two will (just) fit on one bed!
P1020139 (Small).JPG
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Today was the worst so far. Fortunately, the inside of my house is still reasonably cool, and Tilly has spent most of the day indoors.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

I've just heard you can get cooling pads for cats ...

Good luck Tilly and fellow sufferers - it's been like a sauna in the frozen North, I dread to think what its been like 'down South' :shock:

Going to get cooler at the weekend they say. Had some smashing thunderstorms last night - well if you like that kind of thing (I do lol.) :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

BBC Belfast weather say it will rain tonight! I don't know where they were LAST night. For 'showery outbreaks of rain' read constant, steady monsoon! I got fed up drying off soggy cats! Whenever it rains they all make a bee line for mummy - Muuuummm I'm wet DO something!

OK it's rained - when is the sun coming back!
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

bobbys girl wrote:Whenever it rains they all make a bee line for mummy - Muuuummm I'm wet DO something!
My older cat Rocky, a short-haired boy, has enough sense to stay out of the rain. He either comes indoors or sits in the covered platform in the garden. Long-haired Ria doesn't mind the rain at all, and I think it must be right what they say about Norwegian Forest Cats having a weatherproof coat - the wet doesn't seem to get through to the skin. But her outer coat turns into a soggy wet sponge, which she then delights in rubbing against my ankles. "Hello, Mummy, isn't this nice!"
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Yesterday was just too hot here in the midlands, but at least we still haven't got the hoze pipe ban yet, I can still use it to water the garden and make a nice cool area under the bamboo. My OH's been off work this week as annual holiday, but except for a visit to the solicitors to swear in front of them (the oath of probate) and to drop some items of at our local cat charity, we have been hiding inside the house as it has been cooler inside than out.

I've heard of the cool pads and heard varying reports of them, i just want to know why they don't do them in 6' x 3' size.

Our aircon unit has been working over time this year, it's been on every evening since this started. The cats are getting used to us getting it out, Tiggy just lies on the bed with that about time look, Freyja has a panic but then quickly returns to the foot of the bed and Saturn will flop on the landing just outside the bedroom door, which has to be left ajar as Tiggy particularly sits and looks accusingly at the shut door if she can hear the air con going, so it's easier to let her stay in.

Rain Forecast for tomorrow and Sunday, but i'll believe it when it actually arrives, and temperatures about 10 degrees cooler.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Maine Coons have many similarities to Norwegian Forest Cats, including the waterproof coat and attitude to rain! Last time we had any to speak of, though (end of May) Tilly was convalescing in the house, so she hasn't had a chance to get soggy for ages! It's the local music festival down on the mill field over the weekend, though, so plenty of rain is promised!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Naturally! Sod's law isn't it? It's our big festival too - the party in the park; lots of rain, storms and gales promised.

The storms began yesterday evening and for a while the two gingers and I chilled in the garden listening to the thunder (Mousey's not scared; she just doesn't come out) then the sky got too black and we packed up and went in; this morning there was sun forecast till midday ... only it thundered steadily. Torrential rain throughout of course, just to prepare the parched park for the quagmire that will happen this weekend ... it's going to be like Glastonbury ... :shock: :(