Gabby is hating all this heat! (UK)

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Gabbys_Mum
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Gabby is hating all this heat! (UK)

Post by Gabbys_Mum »

She's long haired so this heat is literally driving her nuts!

She's not eating during the day (tbh, I dont feel like eating in this heat either!) but she is drinking water.

I sit her next to the fan to try and cool her down but she's just so fed up, bless her. The evenings however are much cooler and she sprawls herself out on the driveway and then sits happily in the coolness doing some people watching.

Anyone else's fur baby finding the heat tough?
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Gabby is hating all this heat! (UK)

Post by Ruth B »

I think my cats are coping slightly better than I am, but most are just finding places as cool as possible to flake out in during the day and then being more active at night.

We have an air con unit that we use to cool the bedroom before we go to sleep, put it on for a few hours in the evening and it drops the temperature down to bearable, verging on cold,it is noisy so it can't be run while we sleep, but at least we can get to sleep. I think the cats have learnt what it is, you can almost see Tiggy grinning when we set it up in the evening, and most of them are either in the room or just outside the door for the rest of the evening. Leaving the door open just wide enough for a cat to fit through means they get the benefit, I'd feel mean shutting them out all evening, and stops the cool air escaping. I'd love to be able to cool the whole house but it isn't powerful enough for that.

Hopefully the forecast is right and it will break a bit by the end of the week, possibly even giving some rain.
Gabbys_Mum
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Gabbys_Mum »

Oh goodness, lets hope the forecast is correct!! Fingers crossed.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Tilly is flaked out all day, lying in the cooler drafts beneath the windows on the shady side of the house. She put in her protest about the heat at least two months ago!
Gabbys_Mum
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Gabbys_Mum »

Haha!

Yeah, Gabby looks for the cool spots in the house too, but she doesnt stay in one spot for long though, constantly moving around the house.

Honestly, Gabby is just totally fed up now. It was so very hot today, can't wait for this heat to subside.